Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Broken AutoHotkey.net Links Updated 5-22-2013

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic
murphyw
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Last active: Jun 28 2013 05:01 AM

rbrtryn,

The COM_L.zip file in the list at the top of this forum is missnamed and instead should be renamed COM.zip because that file contains the  COM.ahk Standard Library instead of the COM_L.ahk Library. Does anyone have the COM_L.zip file that contains the COM_L.ahk Library?

Although AutoHotkey has had built-in COM support (no need for external libraries) since what was then AutoHotkey_L revision 53 (August 8, 2010), I would still like to try the COM_L.ahk Library and compare its functionality with the built in COM functionality in the current version of AHK_L.

Jackie Sztuk _Blackholyman
  • Spam Officer
  • 3757 posts
  • Last active: Apr 03 2016 08:47 PM
Hallo

hmm when you use ahk_L today you no longer need Any COM lib as ahk_L now has full built-in COM Support.

So i'm not sure of what functionality you are looking for?

http://www.autohotke...e-autohotkey-l/

Hope it helps
Helping%20you%20learn%20autohotkey.jpg?d

[AHK] Version. 1.1+ [CLOUD] DropBox ; Copy [WEBSITE] Blog ; About

murphyw
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Last active: Jun 28 2013 05:01 AM

Blackholyman,

Thank you for the comments. I am confused by the following situation.

The link you provide http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/56987-com-object-reference-autohotkey-l/ contains the top post by jethrow that states:

“AutoHotkey_L supports COM natively (thank you Lexikos, Sean, & fincs ). This doesn't eliminate the COM Standard Library, but it does add quite a bit of functionality to AutoHotkey. However, if users don't know or understand any COM objects, this Native COM support is less appealing/useful. Therefore, I am creating this thread …”.

The link to the COM Standard Library in jethrow’s post is http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/21142-com-standard-library/ and that link states “DOWNLOAD: COM.zip or COM_L.zip (for AutoHotkey_L) or AutoHotkey32/64 (COM is built into)” but the link to that COM_L.zip on jethrow’s site is broken.

Given that jethrow on his site indicates the native COM support in AHK_L “doesn't eliminate the COM Standard Library” and given that the link on "COM Standard Library" site for the “COM_L.zip (for AutoHotkey”L)” is broken, is the required action of the user to comply with the advisory on jethrow’s site about “COM Standard Library” to install the COM.ahk (not COM_L.ahk) with the current version of AHK_L, or am I misinterpreting what jethrow is saying about the need for the use of the COM Standard Library with the native support for COM in AHK_L?

I am among the new users of COM who unfortunately currently fall under the “less appealing” group described in jethrow’s post. I can’t find a site which focuses on getting novice users up and running with native COM in AHK_L in a manner similar to the approach taken by jethrow on his site for the legacy COM_L libraries. Does one exist?

The current state of my AHK_L script is below where the intent is to perform COM operations to modify a few existing Word files, most of which were created in the beginning portions of the script. The script uses a sequence of ControlGet and then Acc_ObjectFromWindow operations after using the window’s title to iteratively make the individual Word windows active. An example for just one Word file is shown in the below script extract. The intent for the pasted extract is to perform COM operations on the WordRawWindow object which is one of the many objects that are created by the script for the various Word documents that are simultaneously open. The script where the extract is taken from makes a sequence of changes to the various Word documents in an order that is dependent on content results. I am looking for any solution technique that includes instructions or examples to make simple formatting, cutting, pasting, copying and saving modifications of those Word documents via COM. I am happy to use the native AHK_L COM functionality or external libraries, but given this is my first attempt at COM I would greatly benefit from examples like those on jethrow’s site for the legacy COM_L library.

; … Beginning of Script not shown here …

run C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\winword.exe /q /t"C:\Users\Account\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\HeaderMacro.dotm"

WinGetActiveTitle, Word_Raw

;  … More Script code that is not shown here …

WinWait, %Word_Raw%,

IfWinNotActive, %Word_Raw%, , WinActivate, %Word_Raw%,

WinWaitActive, %Word_Raw%

ControlGet, hwnd, hwnd, , _WwG1, ahk_class OpusApp   

WordRawWindow := Acc_ObjectFromWindow(hwnd, -16)     

; … I need to write more script that uses COM operations to manipulate the contents of the various Word files …

hotkeyguy
  • Members
  • 84 posts
  • Last active: Jun 03 2016 06:44 PM

Yep, I'm looking for the AHK Standard Library, too!

Many thanks and greetings

hotkeyguy

trismarck
  • Members
  • 390 posts
  • Last active: Nov 25 2015 12:35 PM

Here is a post with a download link for Compile_AHK. Compile_AHK has to be installed before it's run, because in addition to *.ahk files, Compile_AHK also requires *.exe files like ResHacker, GoRC and so on. The _complete_ version of Compile_AHK (instead of for just the *.ahk Compile_AHK files) can be found under that link.

New Autohotkey forum: http://ahkscript.org.

AHK_LDaniel
  • Members
  • 57 posts
  • Last active: Jul 07 2015 01:43 AM

Can someone get the links of the custom gui control types?

There's a little girl behind you...
She's watching you're every move...

rbrtryn
  • Members
  • 1177 posts
  • Last active: Sep 11 2013 08:04 PM

Can someone get the links of the custom gui control types?

Are you talking about this?

My Scripts are written for the latest released version of AutoHotkey.

Need a secure, accessible place to backup your stuff? Use Dropbox!

AHK_LDaniel
  • Members
  • 57 posts

If you can use these with ahk, yes.

rbrtryn
  • Members
  • 1177 posts

If you can use these with ahk, yes.

A lot of these control types are built in, but for the ones that aren't you can use a custom control.

AHK_LDaniel
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Yah, do I have to download them or do they come with windows XP?

rbrtryn
  • Members
  • 1177 posts

Yah, do I have to download them or do they come with windows XP?

They come with windows XP.

AHK_LDaniel
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Thanks!

shad0wbeast
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Last active: Jul 10 2013 03:18 PM

Does anyone have the link to the following scripts?

•  AHK BBCodeWriter v7.0.2 - An offline BBCode Editor (Source and Compiled) <topic>
  •   WYSIWYG BBCode Editor (Source and compiled) in this <topic>

Thanks in advance for the help! happy.png

pomj
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • Last active: Jan 29 2017 09:15 PM

Hi,

Anyone have the code to LvLauncher? I've looked everywhere.

cheers

michael

robertcollier4
  • Members
  • 141 posts
  • Last active: Jun 28 2019 01:05 AM

I am looking for Sean's DDE.zip, can anyone help?

http://www.autohotkey.net/~Sean/Lib/DDE.zip