Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

How press a key

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic
Myro
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hi i would like to know how i can make a script that press and hold a key (for example "w").

engunneer
  • Moderators
  • 9162 posts
  • Last active: Sep 12 2014 10:36 PM
You can send {w down} to hold the key. Note that it might not work in a game (see gaming forum), and it's not the same as holding w on a real keyboard (no auto repeat)

More details under 'send' in the help file

Myro
  • Guests
  • Last active:
thank u very much, but then there isn't a kind of way that work with game? with an auto repeat?

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
  • Last active: Feb 01 2015 09:49 AM
There may be a way to simulate holding a key down depending on the game. Sometimes you can hold the key down until you're done using something like this.
x::
Suspend, On
while (GetKeyState("x", "p"))
{
    send, {w down}
    sleep, 100
}
send, {w up}
Suspend, Off
return
But, in the end, everything depends on the game, and the way the developers programmed it, as to the extent that you can automate the game's actions.

The universe is a wondrous place! The faster you create unbreakable code, the faster the universe creates people that can break it. All scripting follows the rule Rule Of Twos -- 1) Good, 2) Fast 3) Cheap -- pick any Two.
I guarantee absolutely nothing about any code I provide except that it works in my machine. ●
MMO Fighter   KeyLooperDemo   Key Spammer   TinyClickRecorder  GGs Password Generator.ahk
For the newest version of AutoHotkey and some killer scripts go here.
Rock-on%20kitten.gif

Myro
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Ok, thank very much u too. Then depends by game... but however there is a method with auto repeat at least for notepad?

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
Have you tried what I gave you with Notepad?

The universe is a wondrous place! The faster you create unbreakable code, the faster the universe creates people that can break it. All scripting follows the rule Rule Of Twos -- 1) Good, 2) Fast 3) Cheap -- pick any Two.
I guarantee absolutely nothing about any code I provide except that it works in my machine. ●
MMO Fighter   KeyLooperDemo   Key Spammer   TinyClickRecorder  GGs Password Generator.ahk
Rock-on%20kitten.gif

• Guests
  • Last active:
yep, it doesnt work with notepad

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
this should do it. I checked it with my notepad.
; press and release x to start the key send
; press and release x again to stop the send
x::
keywait x, D
Keywait x
xflag := !xFlag
if (xflag)
{ loop
   {   Tooltip, press x to stop sending...
       send, {w}
       sleep, 50
	   If (!xflag)
	      break
   }
}
send, {w up}
tooltip
return

Rock-on%20kitten.gif

Gogo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Both girlgamer's scripts don't work.
The first one would work if you remove both Suspend lines.
The second one would work if you add #MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2 at the top.

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
what you might look at is http://www.autohotke...end.htm#SendRaw

To hold down or release a key: Enclose in braces the name of the key followed by the word Down or Up. For example:

Send {b down}{b up}
Send {TAB down}{TAB up}
Send {Up down} ; Press down the up-arrow key.
Sleep 1000 ; Keep it down for one second.
Send {Up up} ; Release the up-arrow key.

When a key is held down via the method above, it does not begin auto-repeating like it would if you were physically holding it down (this is because auto-repeat is a driver/hardware feature). However, a Loop can be used to simulate auto-repeat. The following example sends 20 tab keystrokes:

Loop 20
{
Send {Tab down} ; Auto-repeat consists of consecutive down-events (with no up-events).
Sleep 30 ; The number of milliseconds between keystrokes (or use SetKeyDelay).
}
Send {Tab up} ; Release the key.

The word DownTemp may also be used. Its effect is the same as Down except for the modifer keys (Control/Shift/Alt/Win). In those cases, DownTemp tells subsequent sends that the key is not permanently down, and may be released whenever a keystroke calls for it. For example, Send {Control DownTemp} followed later by Send a would produce a normal "a" keystroke, not a control-A keystroke.

Rock-on%20kitten.gif

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
I tested the 2nd script in notepad and it works fine in my machine but then I always have #MaxThreadsPerHotkey set to at least 2.

Rock-on%20kitten.gif