Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

My rank

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic
tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
  • Last active: Jan 15 2016 11:37 PM

Hello all, my name is tidbit.

I have been promoted to from Moderator to Administrator. Though, I don't have database/CSS/whatever access.

However, I have been assigned as admin due to my activity for a long time. I have been given the power to contact poly when things need fixing.

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*
. Populate the AutoHotkey city. Pointless but somewhat fun. .

lblb
  • Members
  • 120 posts
  • Last active: Dec 02 2015 08:05 AM

Hi tidbit,

Congratulations! Perhaps you could elaborate a bit on your new responsibilities/powers? Because reading this:

"I don't have database/CSS/whatever access. [...] I have been given the power to contact poly when things need fixing."

I feel like basically nothing has changed! So correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like, as before, only Poly can modify the site? As before, you can try to contact him when some fixing is necessary? As before, this post could be deleted because it kind of criticizes Poly? As before, there is absolutely nothing anyone can do if Poly decides to go awol? As before, Poly can completely overhaul the site without ever consulting the other members?

Sorry if this come off as harshly critical, I'm really just trying to assess how the situation has changed.

tidbit
  • Administrators
  • 2709 posts
  • Hates playing Janitor
  • Last active: Jan 15 2016 11:37 PM

Basically that is all correct, just a new title/color but same responsibilities. So I'll build up a list of issues that people might have and every now-and-then (monthly? or whenever the list is big enough or something major pops up) send him and email with the proposed fixes/bugs/issues. I cannot promise anything, though. Just post reports to him.

rawr. be very afraid
*poke*
. Populate the AutoHotkey city. Pointless but somewhat fun. .

Alibaba
  • Members
  • 435 posts
  • Last active: Nov 19 2014 04:21 PM

Hi tidbit,

Congratulations! Perhaps you could elaborate a bit on your new responsibilities/powers? Because reading this:

"I don't have database/CSS/whatever access. [...] I have been given the power to contact poly when things need fixing."

I feel like basically nothing has changed! So correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like, as before, only Poly can modify the site? As before, you can try to contact him when some fixing is necessary? As before, this post could be deleted because it kind of criticizes Poly? As before, there is absolutely nothing anyone can do if Poly decides to go awol? As before, Poly can completely overhaul the site without ever consulting the other members?

Sorry if this come off as harshly critical, I'm really just trying to assess how the situation has changed.

Yes it's exactly like this, tidbit is only the one person to pretend activity.
It's only one of the many steps poly has taken to save his power on autohotkey.
Censorship will go on and the future of the community will still completely depend on polys personal interest.

let's see how long this post lasts...

Find the recent autohotkey version here: ahkscript.org

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM

Yes it's exactly like this, tidbit is only the one person to pretend activity.
It's only one of the many steps poly has taken to save his power on autohotkey.
Censorship will go on and the future of the community will still completely depend on polys personal interest.

let's see how long this post lasts...

I find no reason to respond to ad hominem but to put things in perspective only one person emailed me on Wednesday about the site being broken for US users. By Saturday this was fixed along with all the other reported problems.

I'd love to be more engaged with the community and respond to any issues quicker. But if I'm not around I've asked tidbit to ensure they are brought to my attention straight away. We've been in the #ahk channel since around 2008 and in that time I've seen him advise countless members with their queries, so he is definitely qualified to oversee and coordinate management here.

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit

LarryC
  • Members
  • 68 posts
  • Last active: Aug 14 2016 07:53 PM

It's okay, not a problem, other resources available.

It is good to have two of everything, two eyes, two arms,two legs, two AHK sites.

Only one heart though.

nnnik
  • Members
  • 1625 posts
  • Last active: Jan 24 2019 02:19 PM

I find no reason to respond to ad hominem but to put things in perspective only one person emailed me on Wednesday about the site being broken for US users. By Saturday this was fixed along with all the other reported problems.

I'd love to be more engaged with the community and respond to any issues quicker. But if I'm not around I've asked tidbit to ensure they are brought to my attention straight away. We've been in the #ahk channel since around 2008 and in that time I've seen him advise countless members with their queries, so he is definitely qualified to oversee and coordinate management here.

1. Yeah it took us some days to get your e-mail address.

2. Where are things solved? You just broke the theme for EU useres too.

3. You did permanent damage to the German Forum that still isn't fixed.

4. and the worst:22 Ex german forum members quit the forum because of you.(count Alibaba and me in.)

Now your posting a post saying " Be quiet Im the best admin ever ?"

Visit the new forum ahkscript.org.

http://ahkscript.org

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM

My email address is known to several people, it is also listed on the whois details for the domain. Nevertheless, while I can't decide for people where they go in the internet it is my responsibility to ensure this site functions correctly for everyone.

I am browsing from EU and see no problems with the site, but if you can kindly provide a more detailed outline of the problem I will be happy to look into it as a matter of urgency.

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit

nnnik
  • Members
  • 1625 posts

I am browsing from EU and see no problems with the site, but if you can kindly provide a more detailed outline of the problem I will be happy to look into it as a matter of urgency.

The design sucks.

Morpheus
  • Members
  • 475 posts
  • Last active: Oct 21 2014 11:08 AM

I don't agree with everything that has happened in the last few weeks, but being petty isn't going to  help.

Any code that I post will be for AHK Basic.
I'm not always right, but I still try to help.

nnnik
  • Members
  • 1625 posts

I don't agree with everything that has happened in the last few weeks, but being petty isn't going to  help.

I'm not being petty:

4. and the worst:22 Ex german forum members quit the forum because of you.(count Alibaba and me in.)

90% of the community left after it was moved here.
This forum was nearly dead after it was moved here.
The forum content still isn't readable or integrated in this forum.
(even though you said you'd do it)

My posts here aren't about being petty or anything.
You are responsible for these things.
How are you going to repair them ?
I just want to know how.

Morpheus
  • Members
  • 475 posts
  • Last active: Oct 21 2014 11:08 AM

IMHO Posting "The Design Sucks" is petty. Also, I said "I don't agree with everything that has happened in the last few weeks".

Your comments in the post above are not petty, and I agree that it is not 'Ideal'. An understatement on my part.

Any code that I post will be for AHK Basic.
I'm not always right, but I still try to help.