Introducing AHKEZ

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
Franktic

Re: Introducing AHKEZ

06 Aug 2021, 00:33

Hi - This is awesome. Thank you for developing such a useful tool. I have rewritten a small ahk script using ahkez and found it easy to do and fun!
I do have an issue with compiling though. A one line ahk file containing Msgbox, "Hello World" compiles successfully. Preceding it with #include <ahkez> throws up an Ahk2Exe Error: Error adding FileInstall file: Source
Could you please help. I would like to post my script and a compiled version but I am stopped by this error. Thanks.
TAC109

06 Aug 2021, 00:58

There was a GitHub fix on 14 March 2021 for this problem. Have you downloaded the latest version?
My scripts:-
XRef - Produces Cross Reference lists for scripts
ReClip - A Text Reformatting and Clip Management utility
ScriptGuard - Protects Compiled Scripts from Decompilation
I also maintain Ahk2Exe
Franktic

06 Aug 2021, 02:03

Thanks Tac109 - that solved it - greatly appreciated. I had an older copy in my autohotkey\lib directory.

I have mucked about with a large number of languages and have never really been comfortable with many. Autohotkey, although obviously extremely powerful in the Windows world has peculiar syntax that has me working through the help manual (a very well written document, by the way). AhkEz makes a world of difference and, although I still refer to the manual, I find that I don't trip up on the variable (pun intended) command syntax. I will post the updated Pomodoro script later tonight and hopefully a few more autohotkey users appreciated the difference AhkEz makes.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”