ClipArray (multiple clipboards w/ added functionality)

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
jwwpua

Re: ClipArray (multiple clipboards w/ added functionality)

10 Sep 2021, 13:41

Dawondr wrote:
09 Sep 2021, 12:49
Thank you for the update jwwpua, I will give that a try for mine as well. Thanks again, Dave
Sure thing. I think it was lines 118, 119, 120, and 124. I had tried some other things first, so my lines might be slightly off.
Barnaby Ray

10 Nov 2021, 07:05

Hi, I've been searching for ages for a clipboard manager like this, and this one works exactly how I want - specifically being able to 2 lines of text, and then pasting them individually.
Unfortunately, it occasionally adds a blank line between entries, and I cant figure out how to fix it - has anyone found a fix? I've tried replacing the (¶) with (|) as mentioned above, but still having problems.
Thanks!
Barnaby Ray

11 Nov 2021, 08:51

Hi, this script is exactly what I've been searching for - it works so much faster and more reliably than anything else I've used.. but I am having one problem, the same as mentioned above, where it sometimes adds a blank line.
I using it to copy text from one webpage, and copy it back into another. It seems that certain bits of text make it add a blank line - probably something to do with formatting in the text?

I replaced the (¶) with (|) as mentioned above, and I think that helped in some cases, but not all.

I also added Clipboard=%Clipboard% after the copy to try to remove any formatting - which again did help in some cases, but there are still certain bits of text causing it to add the blank line.

Does anyone know what might be causing that, or how to fix it? Apart from that issue, this script is absolutely perfect!
rommmcek

12 Nov 2021, 11:54

Try something like this before splitting the string

Code: Select all

clp:= "a`r`n`r`n`r`nb`n`nd`n`n`n`n`n`n`n`n`r`n`r`n`n`n`r`n`n`n`ne"
MsgBox % clp
clp:= StrReplace(clp, "`r")
while InStr(clp, "`n`n")
    clp := StrReplace(clp, "`n`n", "`n")
MsgBox % clp
Epishade

21 Dec 2021, 17:23

@Core,@Dawondr,@jwwpua,@Barnaby Ray

It's been a while since I last looked at this, and was surprised that my thread had some more activity. I decided to update the code in an attempt to eliminate the blank entries problem that a lot of you were posting about. With the new code, there's a checkbox to turn on (off by default) that will, if a blank line is detected, decrement the array counter by 1 (after having increased it already by 1). This way, the array counter (where new items are copied into) does not effectively increase on blank items, but will increase on actual data. This should hopefully remedy the issue a lot of you are posting about trying to fix, that you are getting excessive blank entries in your code. I hope this works for you. Code has been updated in the main post.
Dogeatdogdog

23 Nov 2022, 06:19

first off i love this script, one request i am really hoping to have answered is. can you specify a 10 character limit on whats copied? anything off the end is sent to the next entry and so on so forth? i have text to copy into character limited fields. when it exceeds 10 the end of the number needs to go into the next field. i am not smart enough to solve this but would really appreciate the help.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”