[Script] Quick Picto Viewer v6+

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
robodesign

Re: [Script] Quick Picto Viewer v5+

Post by robodesign » 06 Nov 2023, 06:20

Hello, guys!

I just released v5.9.93 with bug fixes related to Insert Text tool, Draw Lines tool and updated the freeimage.dll with bug fixes related to image resizing and others.

The next release is already in development for some weeks: v6.0. QPV will be able to display, at full resolution, images of up to 12500 megapixels or more; previously, they were down-scaled to 536 mgpx. For such large images basic image tools will be available: resize, crop, rotate by 90°, flip H/V, colors invert and more. V6.0 will also have the limit of 32567 pixels increased to 234950 pixels in width or height for images in the viewport that can be edited with any available tool. I am currently working on making more tools available for gigantic images.

[edit]: Released v5.9.94 with fixes for some memory leaks.

Best regards, Marius.
-------------------------
KeyPress OSD v4: GitHub or forum. (presentation video)
Quick Picto Viewer: GitHub or forum.
AHK GDI+ expanded / compilation library (on GitHub)
My home page.
robodesign

Re: [Script] Quick Picto Viewer v6+

Post by robodesign » 05 Jun 2024, 03:03

Hello, gents!

Since November 2023 I began working on a major new version of Quick Picto Viewer with the intent to make it capable of opening and displaying images of over 536 megapixels. I succeded. I also went further, and reimplemented most of the image editing tools in C++ such that they work with images of up to 10100 megapixels (this is what I tested). It was a painful process through which I learned a lot. For the past month, I got stalled and I could not make more progress due to various factors... There are just two important tools left to reimplement / adapt, to have them working with super-large images: draw lines and the brushes system. These will be working in upcoming releases.

The full change log:
- v6.0.00 (2024-06-05)
- [new] QPV can now display, at full resolution, images of up to 12500 megapixels or more; previously, they were down-scaled to 536 mgpx when opened.
- [new] «Adjust image colors» tool reimplemented from scratch, with more capabilities; it can be applied in batch, on multiple images in one go
- [new] freehand draw mode for fill selection area, draw lines and shapes tools
- [new] option to join arcs and lines in the «Draw parametric lines» panel, for the margins generator
- [new] blending modes option for draw lines and shapes tools
- [new] fill behind now allows to users to fill triangles, rounded rectangles and other shapes
- [new] option to align selected vector path points on X or Y with any given point in path
- [new] option to convert curved shapes to polygonal shapes
- [new] option to add a new point anywhere on the edge of a vector path
- [new] status bar for the vector editor tool
- [new] vector tool modes, to facilitate the usage of the vector editor with touch screens: mixed, add, remove, select and adjust
- complete overhaul of the vector paths editor; new options added and considerable performance improvements
- overhauled the «Desature image colors» tool; it now has brightness and contrast options
- improvements and optimisations to all the tools with live preview in the viewport
- fixes and improvements for the «insert text» tool
- improvements for the "Image selection area properties" panel; added shape cavity and rotation options, and the ability to Ctrl+L-Click on X1,X2, etc, to manually set the coordinates; also added copy/paste selection properties
- improvements to how selection areas and vector path shapes are handled; dramatic performance improvements when dealing with huge images
- blend modes improvements; now blend modes work as in other apps when dealing with layer transparencies
- images exceeding 536 mgpx can be resized, cropped, rotated by 90°, or flipped H/V; colors invert is also available; image selected area can be copied to clipboard
- increased the limit from 32567 to 234950 pixels in width or height for images in the viewport that can be edited with any available tool

; TO-DO:
; Tools left to implement for images above 536 MPx:
- Draw lines
- Brushes system
-- Low priority tools:
---- Detect edges
---- Blur
---- Sharpen
---- Symmetry and patterns generator
---- Polar to rect / rect to polar

; PENDING:
- implement gradients in c++
- load apng / heic / avif / svg image files

; OTHERS/MISC:
- allow resize/crop/rotate on original HDR images, not just on the tone-mapped one

; TO-DO later:
- circular/polar grid generator
- rectangular text grid generator
- dedicated panel as color chooser for the brush tool
- draw bar charts tool
- alpha masking for the parametric lines tool
- render 3D primitive [textured?] objects through cImg
- magic wand when editing the alpha mask
- edit image(s) metadata
- add folder details column- explorer panel
- transparentize image tool
- import vector paths
- reimplement smudge, pinch, bulge brushes

Feedback, critique is welcomed.

Best regards, Marius.
-------------------------
KeyPress OSD v4: GitHub or forum. (presentation video)
Quick Picto Viewer: GitHub or forum.
AHK GDI+ expanded / compilation library (on GitHub)
My home page.
ozzii

Re: [Script] Quick Picto Viewer v6+

Post by ozzii » 07 Jun 2024, 05:04

Like always Marius, impressive updates

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”