iswitchw mod - Fast window and browser tab switching - Updated Oct 1st, 2023!

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
silverrs8

Re: iswitchw mod - Fast window and browser tab switching - Updated Oct 1st, 2023!

Post by silverrs8 » 20 May 2024, 10:17

I was hoping i could edit my previous post but that is not possible. What would be great is to have a script that takes the path of the current selected folder in Windows explorer and than puts the folders into a window alike iswitchw. The search allows for filtering of the folders and selecting also enters that folder in windows explorer. I tried asking ChatGPT. Although good at coding it presents a lot of errors I can't solve and also not completely sure what I ask is actually possible at all.
Skrell

Re: iswitchw mod - Fast window and browser tab switching - Updated Oct 1st, 2023!

Post by Skrell » 21 May 2024, 10:25

Why not just change explorer's options to make the current folder path the title of the window?
silverrs8

Post by silverrs8 » 21 May 2024, 13:52

I have a a few folders with many subfolders (100+). Browsing through this list takes patience when looking for the right folder hence pressing the caps lock key when on such a folder would be very nice if it would present all subfolder in the window and when entering characters in the search field would update the list to only those that match. Pressing enter on the folder and having windows explorer actually enter that folder is very convenient.

Windows does not support a quick filter option on text within folder names (only the beginning and first match only). Total commander also does a great job but isn't always allowed in corporate environments.
silverrs8

Re: iswitchw mod - Fast window and browser tab switching

Post by silverrs8 » 21 May 2024, 13:54

evilmanimani wrote:
01 Oct 2023, 19:21
Just pushed the update for those changes, let me know if you run into any hiccups!

https://github.com/evilmanimani/iswitchw
Tried it but found it to be unstable making my system slow. Also the icon for powerpoint is not correctly displayed.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”