A Sticky Video Player that can be controlled while inactive | packed with many features

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
ananthuthilakan

A Sticky Video Player that can be controlled while inactive | packed with many features

07 Apr 2023, 07:35

What it does ?

- A sticky video player
- Take notes from video lectures easily with timestamps (markdown supported note taking app preferred ) and screenshots
- play local/internet videos (need yt-dlp) in always on top gui sticking to edge of screen.
- remember where you left the video for next startup
- create playlist
- hotkey and hotstring to control the player without the need of making it active window
- change hotkeys , hotstrings that take effect immediately through settings gui ( thanks to https://github.com/evilC/AppFactory)
- and many more....

Requirement
- VLC Media player installed in your computer

Disclaimers
- this application is meant purely for educational purpose and `n to avoid distraction while studying

Download the compiled ( Preferred )
the compiled version is done with inno-setup , which adds necessary registry like
- support for video file extensions ,
- register new extension .plvlc for playlist created by this app
- register custom url protocol of "vlcNotes:" such that clicking on linked timestamps will open the application directly and play the video from that time stamp

Download Link

Github Source Code ( require ahk_h )

Virus Total Scan

How to peek inside the exe
After installation to peek inside the source code of installed exe
just open installation location and open the exe in a notepad++

Credits
Credits are directly added to the app
if i missed any, kindly let me know

Shoutout
A big shout out to all those helped in small bits by answering any queries i made in help section
A big shout out Mikeyww , Garry , HotkeyIt

Currently Known Issues
none

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”