AutoHotkey Compiler

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
-Elaphe-

AutoHotkey Compiler

04 Dec 2023, 04:26

I have updated my AutoHotkey Compiler. Now I have included options for automatically closing the program when the scripts are compiled and for opening the folder where they are compiled. Another interesting feature is that the program will remember the last script you compiled (and the icon if you used it), so now you have a button for repeating that compilation. That may be useful for sessions where you compile repeatedly the same script. The rest of the features are the same: you can drag and drop the script or the script with an icon and you can select the base file. I have been using this tool a lot for compiling my script and I have found any problems, but if you do please tell me.

Download:
http://www.alvarezeninternet.com/AutoHotkey-Compiler.rar
Last edited by gregster on 04 Dec 2023, 06:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic from "Scripts and Functions (v2)".
gregster

Re: AutoHotkey Compiler

04 Dec 2023, 06:46

The description "(updated) compiler" seems a bit misleading, imo. As if it might be a different compiler than the well-known AHK2Exe, which is included with AHK v1 downloads and is also usable with AHK v2.

I didn't run this, but if I understand it correctly, this is mainly an alternative GUI for the standard AHK2Exe compiler - which you also included in the download, along with some AHK v1 base files (of unspecified version). Which AHK2Exe version and AHK version is it, though? Based on the file dates that I have seen in WinRAR, they look a bit outdated (2016 ? :problem: ).
Or did you modify the actual compiler? If yes, is the source code available (as I would expect based on the topic name) ?
Will it work with AHK v2?
(I moved the topic from the v2 scripts subforum since it seems that the GUI is programmed in AHK v1 - I did the same with your other topic from today.)

I think your description should include more details about the background (and backend) of this "compiler", and probably the topic name should be clarified.
TAC109

04 Dec 2023, 19:35

This compiler is based around and includes the old Ahk2Exe version 1.1.23.05 which was released 26 March 2016. There have been many updates to the compiler since then, including the addition of Compiler Directives and the ability to compile v2 scripts.

I had to turn off Microsoft Defender Antivirus in order to download this compiler as it is reported to include a trojan, specifically Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml.

This compiler is not recommended for use.
My scripts:-
XRef - Produces Cross Reference lists for scripts
ReClip - A Text Reformatting and Clip Management utility
ScriptGuard - Protects Compiled Scripts from Decompilation
I also maintain Ahk2Exe
robodesign

05 Dec 2023, 04:53

I must add that Microsoft defender does throw such warnings to all my apps I developed with ahk. QPV and KeyPress OSD are both labeled to contain that specific Trojan. So... Yeah. It's one of the reasons I am unhappy with ahk.

Addendum :
Just because his script is labeled as a Trojan... It doesn't disqualify the work. It might not be a Trojan. It's very common for ahk scripts to have this false label thrown onto by various anti-virus apps. Although, I'm not trying to suggest his work is commendable or noteworthy ^_^. I didn't even test it.

Second edit: added the addendum for clarifications
-------------------------
KeyPress OSD v4: GitHub or forum. (presentation video)
Quick Picto Viewer: GitHub or forum.
AHK GDI+ expanded / compilation library (on GitHub)
My home page.
-Elaphe-

08 Dec 2023, 04:32

Fixed some errors and made some improvements. Please download again.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”