i.mage - one click image download

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
davebrny

i.mage - one click image download

15 Jun 2019, 15:18

hover your cursor over an image and press a hotkey to have it automagically download.

the default hotkey is alt + p which saves the image to the pictures folder but other folders can be set in the ini section at the top of the script.

ive only added support for the browsers i use but feel free to leave details about other browsers in a comment and i will update the script.

godofOOF

Re: i.mage - one click image download

18 Jun 2019, 02:51

Thanks man i love this script
davebrny

18 Jun 2019, 06:30

glad you like it @godofOOF!

ive added support for internet explorer and also allowed more variables to be used in the folder path (a_desktop, a_myDocuments, a_scriptDir)
SilentJim1680

20 Mar 2021, 03:19

with this script how would one go about setting a specific filename? that is automatically overwriting the previous file. i.e. if file exist > save anyway.
Ideally, I'd like to keep the original function but then I would need to somehow retrieve the last saved file image i.e. "modified by date" in explorer.

Attempting to use this with Vis2 OCR
WOlfen

18 Jul 2021, 16:46

Yeah, hello @davebrny.
I tried your script which is great, but i can´t somehow get it working on "Cent Browser", which is just a Google Chrome Fork. It also uses "chrome.exe" and you can get "copy image url" via right click and pressing O. So it just the same like in Google Chrome and it also works if i´m doing it the normal way. But once i use your script and press "Alt+P", it always gives me the message "image says no".

Edit:
Okay, somehow i got it working when changing the Hotkey. I tried it without "Alt" and then it did worked. Maybe i changed some hotkeys in the Browser itself and that confuses the script somehow. Well, i´m glad it works.
But it is normal that you have the actual picture to load in it´s own Tab and then use the Script on it rather then having to use the Google Picture Grid like https://www.google.com/search?q=+pictur ... 4&biw=2844?
DataLife

19 Jul 2021, 13:52

I tried this on Google Chrome and it saved the picture without an extension. Pressing O saves the link to the picture and then the script uses UrlDownloadToFile.

This script would be very useful especially if you want to incorporate some of this scripts code into your own script.

If you want a full feature AutoHotkey script to save pictures check out my SavePictureAs script found here https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=10

SavePIctureAs has Gui's to change the hotkey, Save To folders, checking for duplicate filenames and custom file naming for the image saved.

It also uses UrlDownloadToFile but does error checking and if the extension is not present in the URL then it will default to using the Save As dialog box.
Check out my scripts. (MyIpChanger) (ClipBoard Manager) (SavePictureAs)
All my scripts are tested on Windows 10, AutoHotkey 32 bit Ansi unless otherwise stated.
WOlfen

19 Jul 2021, 17:06

@DataLife Yeah, already checked that "SavePictureAs" Script from you out.
A really great script and i see that a lot of work went into it.
I mean, i built a GUI with some Buttons which can open the Browser where the User can download a picture (with a simple Click), which then would be used in the GUI itself afterwards. It will use the code from "i.mage" to achieve that.
That is all i need. I tried to give your Script Source a look, but there´s too much going on in it for such a simple thing i need, sorry. :)
Although i´m very interested in this "Custom File Name for the saved Image", cause that´s what i´m also need when the User will download a Picture. I´m not sure if i can modify the "i.mage" script to do this, cause i didn´t took a look at it yet.

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”