Here's my shot at an AHK installer. It's meant to be portable, and compiled. Script is written in AHK v2. Precompiled EXEs are included.
Yes this modifies the registry. I've been using this tool for a while now without issues. I'm happy to get feedback and give support for this project!
I've tested this on a fresh install of windows and it works like a charm. Just have to restart after activating an EXE (writing the registry keys) the first time, but after that, future switching doesn't require a restart.
- All versions of AHK now work with this program, including AHK_H v1 / v2
- quick switching between AHK versions
- easy uninstall of AutoHotkey
- associates .ahk extension in registry
- fancy Ahk2Exe Handler. (image below) This feaure gives you a small window for selecting an output exe name and base file.
- quickly define the output EXE name, auto-filled as script_file_name.exe by default
- When Ahk2Exe opens most or all fields will be filled automatically.
- If you have an .ico file named the same as your script, then that will auto fill to Ahk2Exe also.
- Filter by bitness. Filter changes are remembered, until you activate a new EXE, then that EXEs bitness filter is used in the fancy Ahk2Exe Handler.
- Options to Auto Start and Auto Close Ahk2Exe are in the main GUI > Extras tab.
- AHK Launcher. This lets you run multiple versions of AHK side-by-side. Just modify your scripts as follows:
- insert ; AHK v# as line 1 in your script
- specify the exact match or regex match in the Extras tab
- specify an EXE to run the script for each match entry
- without line 1 specifying the version, the fallback EXE is the activated/installed AHK exe
- Gui width is adjusted based on text / file name width
>> Change Log / Releases
If you need a version of Window Spy for AHK v2, go to this thread.