From anywhere send copy of file to different folder

Put simple Tips and Tricks that are not entire Tutorials in this forum
jazzvb

From anywhere send copy of file to different folder

30 Oct 2023, 15:35

Hi, I have been searching a long time for the possibility to send a copy of a certain file to a prefered folder in Windows file explorer, using a keybard shortcut, doing so without having to select the prefered file. Sometimes I stumbled on scripts so long and complicated I couldn't figure out how to change it to my needs (I am not really good with programming). But now I found a script that does exactly what I looked for. Unfortunately I can't remember where I found it, so I'd like to stress it is absolutely not mine. I just like to share it, because it is very handy.

What it does: if I use Alt+Shift+J, a set file will copy itself to a set folder. It doesn't matter where you are on the computer. In my case the ahk script (which is located in the startup folder) will copy to OneDrive:

Code: Select all

+!j::
FileCopy, C:\Users\jazz\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\AutoHotkeyScript.ahk, C:\Users\jazz\OneDrive\Docs, 1
Return
Perhaps everybody could come up with this, but it was hard to find such a simple script doing this. This one is very easy to modify to your own preferences. Even I could do it :D. Hopefully someone has some use of it.

Return to “Tips and Tricks (v1)”