[SOLVED] TrayTips stopped working alltogether

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
babzezz

[SOLVED] TrayTips stopped working alltogether

07 Feb 2017, 05:53

Hello guys,

I need some help with the TrayTip command. I was using it to display which script was open etc. and after I got the brilliant idea to display scripts, when AHK/or a script, was shutting down (without delay, eg. display traytip and ExitApp), I somehow broke the entire functionality and it doesn't work at all now. I think my above mentioned idea is the culprit since there shouldn't be any other reason for it to break.

Any ideas?

*EDIT SOLUTION: Okay, so apparently, I somehow managed to block notifications from the AutoHotkey application entirely. In Windows 10, application notification settings can be reached via Notifications & actions -> (scroll down) Get notifications from these senders -> Turn notifications on for AutoHotkey, thats it.
Last edited by babzezz on 07 Feb 2017, 05:59, edited 1 time in total.
mucka

Re: TrayTips stopped working alltogether

07 Feb 2017, 05:56

I presume restarting the computer didnt help.
Maybe try a script that flashes that function. (Traytip on 5 secs, off, wait 5 secs, on 5sec....).
I had something similar happen to tooltips. They got overloaded and needed a rest and later a jump start.
babzezz

Re: [SOLVED] TrayTips stopped working alltogether

07 Feb 2017, 06:00

Hello mucka, I just managed to solve it, and edited the original post. Thanks for the input though :)

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”