Control script from another PC

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
IvanVanko

Control script from another PC

27 Feb 2017, 12:58

Yeah, I know, that's an often question and if you google threads, you would probably find some even from 2009. But a lot of things changed: AHK changed, so some projects became incompatible, some project are lost because the only files got deleted, some are not compatible with modern version of Windows (this one is my suggestion). Only working thing I found is AHK Sock, but maybe that's me, examples at github are not sufficien to understand it :( So, my question is:
How do you control you scripts on other devices? Please, don't send me to old threads.
Твой софт - говно!
bigdeal

Re: Control script from another PC

27 Feb 2017, 13:38

maybe cus i'm a nooby, but what do you mean with "on other devices"? also with old scripts maybe you should just copy pasta code on a new script, see what happens haha
IvanVanko

27 Feb 2017, 13:54

bigdeal, like I when I am not at home and have laptop with me, so instead using Team Viewer I would control necessary scripts on my PC at home directly. Also it's good if I there is some solution for other platforms (the only one I know, Sparrow, small html server, is dead right now because of compatibility)
Твой софт - говно!
Lu3d

27 Feb 2017, 14:25

You could try HotKeyNet, it's a nice little program that makes so you can control many different computers at once.

I use it with a broadcasting control ahk script to tag Live and Standby camera feeds on several computers at once, and it works beautifully.

http://www.hotkeynet.com/
evilC

27 Feb 2017, 14:35

Sounds risky.
Basically, in order to do this, not only would you have to implement some way of inter-script communication via the network (Possible, but not trivial), but you would also need to open an inbound port to your PC through your home router's firewall.
Unless you implement some sort of access control, that port would be wide open on the internet (Likely to be some RPC port or something?) which sounds incredibly risky.
IvanVanko

27 Feb 2017, 14:58

evilC, thank you! What do you suggest in that case? Use Hamachi and run AHKSock via its fake localhost? Or maybe html server? I am open to any simple solution :D
Last edited by IvanVanko on 27 Feb 2017, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
Твой софт - говно!
evilC

27 Feb 2017, 15:57

Yeah, something like that sounds good.
Private web server only accessible via VPN sounds like taking reasonable precautions.

I see from this post that GeekDude has done some stuff with AHK and webservers:
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic ... 272#p32272

I would maybe look at what he has done. He is active on the forums, and is normally in the IRC channel when I drop in there, so little chance of out-of-date info or un-contactable authors there.
IvanVanko

27 Feb 2017, 17:55

Lu3d, sorry, haven't saw your post. Thank you for suggestion, but, I am afraid it's way too simple: I need to see some feedback in GUI, not just send hotkeys.

evilC, thanks for another example!
Твой софт - говно!

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”