RegExMatch does not work as I expect Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
alfema

RegExMatch does not work as I expect

01 Dec 2018, 16:57

Hello all:

My version of AutoHotKey is the 1.1.26.1 32 bits on Windows 10 64 bits, same problem in Windows 7 32 bits

Code: Select all

wCMD =
(
view @ XXXXX5579666847> show dsl stats

adsl: ADSL driver and PHY status
Number of Cuts:	0
Last Retrain Reason:	8000
Last initialization procedure status:	0
Max:	Upstream rate = 752 Kbps, Downstream rate = 6020 Kbps
Bearer:	0, Upstream rate = 758 Kbps, Downstream rate = 5122 Kbps

Link Power State:	L0
Mode:			ADSL2+ Annex A
TPS-TC:			ATM Mode(0x0)
Trellis:		U:ON /D:ON
Line Status:		No Defect
Training Status:	Showtime
		Down		Up
SNR (dB):	 9.2		 9.4
Attn(dB):	 53.5		 35.9
Pwr(dBm):	 19.3		 12.4

ADSL2 framing
)

vPos := RegExMatch(wCMD, "Number of Cuts:.+" , SubPat)
If (vPos >  0)
   MsgBox % SubPat

First search: Should return "Number of Cuts: 0, but returns all wCMD content from Number of Cuts, included, to the end. Should AutoHotKey not stop searching when finding the CR + LF sequence?. If the m) or DotAll is not used

Second search: If I use "Bearer:.*", same problem, "Bearer:.*Kbps" works!.

Third search, I want to extract the SNR and Attn lines, I use the "SNR((.+)`n`r){2}" search that on another similar occasion worked for me, but not here. The search "SNR ((. +) \ R) {1}" also returns the line Pwr, and "SNR ((. +) \ R) {2}" also returns it.

I tried a string that I picked up from SNR, inclusive, telling him to stop Pwr, but I can not deny Pwr to remove it from the result. ej. "SNR.+Pwr"

Thank you in advance for the help you can give me and, excuse my bad English.
swagfag

Re: RegExMatch does not work as I expect

01 Dec 2018, 17:16

this regex needs a multiline flag m, end of line anchor $ and the newline char specified `n or `a, if u wanna use it that way:
"`nm)Number of Cuts:.+$"
alfema

01 Dec 2018, 17:56

Thanks @swagfaf, but that search is the one that least worries me because I can get the result with "Number of Cuts: (\ s +) (\ d`)", which I use elsewhere to extract the numeric value in Subpat2.

I am more interested in solving the third search because I need it in other searches and I am curious to know if jumping the CR and LF is the normal behavior, as you read it must be used m) or DotAll to do it.
swagfag

01 Dec 2018, 18:28

ah i didnt read this, lol
Should AutoHotKey not stop searching when finding the CR + LF sequence?. If the m) or DotAll is not used
By default, a dot matches any single character which is not part of a newline (`r`n) sequence, but this can be changed by using the DotAll (s), linefeed (`n), carriage return (`r), `a or (*ANYCRLF) options. For example, ab. matches abc and abz and ab_.
it should and it does. its just that the way ure presenting the string(a continuation section with the default options, ie `n as a newline character) makes it fail. the . in this case wont match only if it sees `r`n. all other cases are fair game. u can test this by changing ur continuation section to use Join`r`n instead.

on the actual question of how to parse this, the easiest way would be the way i described, eg for SNR:

RegExMatch(wCmd, "`am)^SNR\D*(?P<Down>\S+)\s*(?P<Up>\S+)", Snr) ; ie, SNR -> not digits -> not whitespaces(store in SnrDown) -> whitespaces -> not whitespaces(store in SnrUp)
MsgBox % SnrDown
MsgBox % SnrUp
alfema

Re: RegExMatch does not work as I expect  Topic is solved

16 Dec 2018, 12:31

Finally I found the solution to what I wanted to do.

RegExMatch(wCmd, "(SNR.+)\bPwr", SNRAttn)

MsgBox % SNRAttn1

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”