Pulover's Macro Creator tool update

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Jhnfrd_Corrls

Pulover's Macro Creator tool update

22 Jan 2019, 14:13

Good day,
regards.
I'm doing a proof of concept of the tool Pulover's Macro Creator, but I've noticed that it has not had updates for more than 2 years, within its work plan there will be a future update of the tool?
Thank you for your timely response.
tank

Re: Pulover's Macro Creator tool update

23 Jan 2019, 09:06

I dont believe this project will have future support unless another forum member picks it up
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
User

23 Jan 2019, 11:31

Jhnfrd_Corrls wrote:
Good day,
regards.
I'm doing a proof of concept of the tool Pulover's Macro Creator, but I've noticed that it has not had updates for more than 2 years, within its work plan there will be a future update of the tool?
A lot of people is complaining that "Pulover's Macro Creator" is very buggy (search google)! You better don't rely on it! Write AHK scripts directly instead!
joedf

23 Jan 2019, 15:35

You can use it as a quick base template, but yes... the best is probably manual :b
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
SOTE

23 Jan 2019, 22:45

Jhnfrd_Corrls wrote:
Good day,
regards.
When a developer abandons a project like that (especially after years), but has openly and freely provided the source code, I'm of the opinion that it's fine for another person to make a fork or update of it. Just be clear to give credit to the original author and maybe explain your goals. I believe that Pulover Macro Creator's source is under the GPL too, so you would likely need to keep any fork of that code under the same license.

A lot of things can happen with the developer. They might have moved on to something else, focusing on a new career, got married and are busy with lots of kids, or sadly have passed away. We can't say what happened, only that we know they aren't around anymore and haven't been so for a long time. So if you like the program and have some ideas for it, I think you should go for it.

As to some criticisms about Pulover Macro Creator, I see it more as a template builder for your scripts. I think that when people are thinking of automatic playback of your script, they are thinking more about a tool like AutoScriptWriter (by Larry Keys). This was the original automation tool that was in AutoIt, that was later adapted for AutoHotkey. Then a couple of people kind of cooked up an all AutoHotkey version that became AHKScriptWriter, which has parts from all over the place (though origins from Thalon and Skrommel from donationcoders). I played with it a bit years ago, and put up a version of it. Though I had created other versions of it, which I used for work. I'm thinking of tinkering with it again, as such a tool can be greatly improved. There are also some other AutoScriptWriter-like tools written in AutoHotkey scattered all over on the newer and older forum.

So, long story short. Go for it! I'm sure there would be many that would like to see your version, and you probably could help a lot of people with it.
VeganPete

24 Jan 2019, 03:27

Hi, I just downloaded Pulover's Macro Creator. I see the version I have (latest) is from 2016. Is there any support for it here still? The help file links to the forum here but this is AHK forum, so not sure if anyone knows much about this particular Macro Creator? Not sure which section to post in but I have two queries if anyone could assist please?

1: There seems to be a limit of 40 macros per script, is that correct?
-If so, can I run two (or more) scripts concurrently to cover more macro assignments?

2: I seem only to be able to run one mouse macro at a time (probably because there is only one mouse pointer on the screen to assign each macro to).
- Is it possible to run 2 (or more) macro functions simultaneously?

What I'm trying to achieve:
I have a GUI for some old audio software which has lost of on-screen buttons, sliders and dials (which affect the sound output) all of which are controlled by mouse. I've assigned macros so that I can use the keyboard instead of a mouse. I'm hoping to use hardware input (real dials, sliders and buttons) as the interface and then map the keystrokes (macros) to the hardware - so it's essential that I can move more than one dial at a time. Is there a solution?

I've mapped some of the controls to MIDI (but can't map the rest), so I used Pulover's Macro Creator to create virtual keys, immediately ran into the issues stated above.

Thanks for any advice and help.
SOTE

24 Jan 2019, 14:09

VeganPete wrote:
24 Jan 2019, 03:27
Hi, I just downloaded Pulover's Macro Creator. I see the version I have (latest) is from 2016. Is there any support for it here still? The help file links to the forum here but this is AHK forum, so not sure if anyone knows much about this particular Macro Creator? Not sure which section to post in but I have two queries if anyone could assist please?

1: There seems to be a limit of 40 macros per script, is that correct?
-If so, can I run two (or more) scripts concurrently to cover more macro assignments?

2: I seem only to be able to run one mouse macro at a time (probably because there is only one mouse pointer on the screen to assign each macro to).
- Is it possible to run 2 (or more) macro functions simultaneously?

What I'm trying to achieve:
I have a GUI for some old audio software which has lost of on-screen buttons, sliders and dials (which affect the sound output) all of which are controlled by mouse. I've assigned macros so that I can use the keyboard instead of a mouse. I'm hoping to use hardware input (real dials, sliders and buttons) as the interface and then map the keystrokes (macros) to the hardware - so it's essential that I can move more than one dial at a time. Is there a solution?

I've mapped some of the controls to MIDI (but can't map the rest), so I used Pulover's Macro Creator to create virtual keys, immediately ran into the issues stated above.

Thanks for any advice and help.
Those questions are so specific, It's probably best to ask in a different forum section, if you need an answer. That would be "Ask For Help" or the section for the Pulover's Macro Creator, located here- https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=63. Likely there are other users of Pulover's Macro Creator, that know a lot about it from working with it more often.

Unfortunately, I don't have Pulover's Macro Creator installed or downloaded, and haven't used it in quite a long while, so someone else would probably provide better answers and specifics. As this was about updating the program, not so sure you will get your answer on this thread. Oh, and welcome to the AutoHotkey forums, seeing as that was your first post.
mmmax

21 Oct 2020, 20:42

FYI - After various feedback and contact I've had with the developer, there have been some recent updates to Pulover's Macro Creator.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/pulovers-macro-creator/ [Mod edit: Link fixed.]

I'm not sure why the link keeps being broken for "safety". I read the FAQ, and couldn't find any info on this. Hopefully someone can explain why this is happening so I can fix it (if possible, and it's not just a domain-based filter).
gregster

21 Oct 2020, 21:18

mmmax wrote:
FYI - After various feedback and contact I've had with the developer, there have been some recent updates to Pulover's Macro Creator.

https sourceforge.net /projects/pulovers-macro-creator/ Broken Link for safety

I'm not sure why the link keeps being broken for "safety". I read the FAQ, and couldn't find any info on this. Hopefully someone can explain why this is happening so I can fix it (if possible, and it's not just a domain-based filter).
Thank you, we are well aware that our forum member Pulover picked up work again on the Macro Creator, after a long break. That makes us very happy, and we welcome it. We even have a dedicated subforum for the Macro Creator, and this main topic.

The reason why the forum breaks certain (most) links for new users and users with low activity, is simply a safety (and anti-spam) feature.
But why not directly link to the github repo (which also contains the source code) and Pulover's official website, instead of a sourceforge link?
https://github.com/Pulover/PuloversMacroCreator/releases/
https://www.macrocreator.com/download/
(github links are allowed for all users, afaik; but okay, the dark days of sourceforge's drive-by installers are hopefully over for good)
mmmax

21 Oct 2020, 23:06

gregster wrote:
21 Oct 2020, 21:18
mmmax wrote:

https sourceforge.net /projects/pulovers-macro-creator/ Broken Link for safety

Thank you, we are well aware that our forum member Pulover picked up work again on the Macro Creator, after a long break. That makes us very happy, and we welcome it. We even have a dedicated subforum for the Macro Creator, and this main topic.

The reason why the forum breaks certain (most) links for new users and users with low activity, is simply a safety (and anti-spam) feature.
But why not directly link to the github repo (which also contains the source code) and Pulover's official website, instead of a sourceforge link?
https://github.com/Pulover/PuloversMacroCreator/releases/
https www.macrocreator.com /download/ Broken Link for safety
(github links are allowed for all users, afaik; but okay, the dark days of sourceforge's drive-by installers are hopefully over for good)
Oh okay. That all makes sense. And sorry, the sourceforge page was the first result that came up when I googled earlier trying to find the download page. Can't even remember what I googled, but it must've been different that the name of the app, because now I see the first link as macrocreator.com.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”