QuerySelector CSS selector changes according to variable value Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
zayntheboss

QuerySelector CSS selector changes according to variable value

22 Apr 2019, 15:46

Hello

Could someone please help me? I'm trying to change the value of my CSS selector based on the value of the variable "num"

Code: Select all

msgbox % pwb.document.querySelector("#course-list-items > div:nth-child("num") > div > a").InnerText
but I keep getting an error that num" is an illegal character. Can someone please help?!
A_AhkUser

Re: QuerySelector CSS selector changes according to variable value  Topic is solved

22 Apr 2019, 17:23

Just as in the theory of formal languages the dot (.) is used to concatenate subsets of charactersin ahk.
The dot operator is a binary operator and to distinguish it from the object access (ibid.) one (e.g. document.title), there must be at least one space on each side of the period:

a . b
where a and b should evaluate to strings. In an sub-expression (like a function parameter), literal strings enclosed in double quotes automatically evaluate to strings - as you already correctly done in your example.
The following should work:

msgbox % pwb.document.querySelector("#course-list-items > div:nth-child(" . num . ") > div > a").InnerText
[EDIT] 1000th post :!:
my scripts
swagfag

Re: QuerySelector CSS selector changes according to variable value

22 Apr 2019, 18:14

at least 1 space(2, on either side, being recommended) is required after num for this to parse correctly, ie ...th-child("num ") > di...
or be explicit and use dot concatenation

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”