where are older ahk versions?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
joefiesta

where are older ahk versions?

07 Oct 2019, 11:27

I have uncovered what I believe is a bug in 1.1.31. I can not find where to download 1.1.30 so I may test to confirm it is a new bug. And please, if you say GITHUB, I tried there and could not find it there either. If it is there, where is it there?
joefiesta

Re: where are older ahk versions?

07 Oct 2019, 14:19

thanks Joe. Now, my issue about this.

From the AHK Home page, www.autohotkey.com, one clicks DOWNLOADS. There one is presented 4 options:

- Download Current Version
- Download V2
- Download V1.0 deprecated
- Other versions

I find this misleading. And, that is why I could not find the "older" releases' downloads. The CURRENT version is version 1 (as made CLEAR by the fact that there is a Version 2). But, "Other versions" are all ALSO version 1. I think this page would be much clearer if the wording for these 4 choices were as follows:

- Download Current Version, current release
- Download V2
- Download V1.0 deprecated
- Download Current Version, older releases

But this is still not good enough. The issue is further complicated by the fact that the "Other vesions" link includes not only other releases but DOCUMENTATION downloads and links to GITHUB downloads, as well as UNINSTALLATION instructions.
MannyKSoSo

07 Oct 2019, 15:28

The reason the downloads are situated like this likely comes from the fact that when most people come to download autohotkey the three main links are likely the ones to be used. Of those three the current version and V2 are used more than the depreciated version. Other versions is simply just a page where all the links exits. Originally this page was the only way to download the autohotkey versions. Since the website has been updated with newer information this old page was left as most people don't need it that often. Also making the Other versions button into Download Current Version, older releases might actually confuse some people as they would think its a zip or download, whereas the current button just takes you to a new page.

Also the reason all the documentation and instructions exists in the older versions is so that people have access to it. Its also a major hassle to have to move all the file locations in the server just to update some links.
joefiesta

07 Oct 2019, 16:05

@MannyKSoso: you have completely missed my point. I am not suggesting that anything anywhere be moved. The links are fine. It is ONLY the way they are LABELED that is bad.
JoeWinograd

07 Oct 2019, 18:59

Hi joefiesta,

Good point! Here's another idea for phraseology on those options:

Download Version 1.1 Latest Release (production)
Download Version 1.1 Old Releases
Download Version 2 (alpha)
Download Version 1.0 (deprecated)

Regards, Joe

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”