When called from another program, IniRead always throws an Error Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
zayntheboss

When called from another program, IniRead always throws an Error

25 Dec 2019, 13:25

I am writing an AHK script that works like this:

Receive Email via Outlook -> Outlook writes a mail.txt file that contains the Email contents to a specific folder -> Outlook also runs an AHK converted to EXE "Queue Manager" script to run (runs the appropriate script according to email contents) -> Desired Script running (IniWrite a predetermined delay)

Then, if another script runs while the first was running

IniRead Delay -> Add onto existing delay -> Sleep, for original IniRead amount -> Run Script

All the while, the Scripts each call a "Timer" (Singleinstance Ignore) that counts down -1000 from the delay every second

This allows me to cue multiple scripts at once

This works fine if I run queue manager with a test mail.txt file, but when I try it through outlook, I get an "ERROR" whenever I try to read the IniRead delay even though nothing has changed except the email is sent from outlook. The scripts all run at once for no reason. I thought it might be because Outlook was calling the script, so I wrote another script that just runs the "Queue Manager" but even that didn't work. Any suggestions?

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”