Public License Question

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
eqv

Public License Question

22 May 2020, 20:22

Greetings to all,

I would like to upload the autohotkey exe along with scripts made by me to a public Google Drive folder (I know I can compile it, but I want to make it easier to modify the scripts, for example to change hotkeys and so on).

From what I've read (although I'm not sure), there is no problem with sharing the exe.

However, my question is whether it is possible to upload it together with the ".exe" only, or should I also upload the "license.txt" that comes along with Autohotkey?

I would appreciate if any member clarifies the question.
Thank you very much in advance.
Smile_

Re: Public License Question

22 May 2020, 20:58

The compiled executable should works.
The AHK script works only if the user who downloaded it has Autohotkey installed on his PC.
BTW, you can edit your script from the compiled exe as well, in condition that it is not compressed by other programs.(UPX for example)
Smile_

22 May 2020, 21:01

or should I also upload the "license.txt" that comes along with Autohotkey?
It doesn't matter.
eqv

22 May 2020, 21:06

Smile_ wrote:
22 May 2020, 20:58
The compiled executable should works.
The AHK script works only if the user who downloaded it has Autohotkey installed on his PC.
BTW, you can edit your script from the compiled exe as well, in condition that it is not compressed by other programs.(UPX for example)
Thanks for your answer, but I was referring from a legal perspective.

I am planning to upload the scripts and the autohotkey exe with a batch file to load them together, so it would become portable.

EDIT:
I also know how to change the code from a compile script using resource hacker, but I want this to be used for other people. Just download, and click using the batch (I could also compile a mini-script that does exactly the same as the batch, but keep the rest).

EDIT2:
If you wonder why I don't use it together with an ini file to modify values; it's because it would take me a long time to program it for all the scripts that I want to upload.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”