not sure if I can use this, but could you get x,y for 2 different mice?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
newbeeb3

not sure if I can use this, but could you get x,y for 2 different mice?

30 May 2020, 19:16

Hi,

This is kind of out there but I have something in mind and wonder if someone could produce a script for me that gets x,y from 2 different mice both connected to the computer. so mouse1x, mouse1y, mouse2x, mouse2y.

I did try searching the forum, and found one thing that is no longer accessible that would have done that, I think.

I would just like the x,y in variables. I guess if you want to test that it works you would need 2 mice of your own connected.

Here is the no longer accessible thread I found:

https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/26967-using-multiple-mice-to-control-one-computer/

As you can see it says:
Problem:

When you have two mice hooked up to your computer, Windows XP will recognize all the mice as the same mouse. Any left click event from any of the mice will send a left click event to whatever window the cursor is on. There isn't a native way to distinguish between one mouse and another under windows XP, so it's difficult to set each mouse to do different things with its buttons.

Solution:

By using Michael Simon's package that allows control of a remote control device, we can obtain enough information from the HID messages that each mouse is sending in order to differentiate between one mouse and another, and create events specific for each mouse.

There are a few caveats to doing this though. First of all, all your mice have to be HID compliant. If you're using Windows XP, this is almost assuredly the case. Second of all, you need to download the package that Michael Simon provides that has his DLL which allows you to program remote control buttons. You can get it here: https ahknet.autohotkey.com /~Micha/HIDsupport/Autohotkey.html Broken Link for safety

The problem, of course, is that as you can see the "you can get it here" link doesn't work. (The link gets broken a second time due to the way its quoted, best to click on my first link - which isn't broken by the forum - and you can click the link from there.)

So, any help everyone? :D

Not an expert.
Helgef

Re: not sure if I can use this, but could you get x,y for 2 different mice?

31 May 2020, 02:48

You might be interested in :arrow: [Library] MouseDelta.

I wrote some weird code for multiple mice, see :arrow: Cursor :lol:

Cheers.
submeg

31 May 2020, 03:24

Also, this is pretty new in the Scripts & Functions sub forum.
newbeeb3

31 May 2020, 12:14

Helgef wrote:
31 May 2020, 02:48
You might be interested in :arrow: [Library] MouseDelta.

I wrote some weird code for multiple mice, see :arrow: Cursor :lol:

Cheers.
thanks. I couldn't quite get that working (it depends on some other things?) However I found another solution on the forum that worked with a bit of an adjustment. I think. We'll see :D

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”