Short voice dictation snippets?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
r2997790

Short voice dictation snippets?

14 Jun 2020, 01:05

Hi everyone

Is anyone aware of a script that will enable reliable short voice to text dictation?

I've tried some things before but they are flaky. Also I find the longer the voice input the more mistakes and the more times I forgot or lose track of what I want to aay.

It would be great to have a single key press to toggle on /off voice to text and another key to validate or remove the input if it is incorrect.

Is anyone aware of such a script/library?

Many thanks!
Elgin

Re: Short voice dictation snippets?

14 Jun 2020, 02:16

Hi!

Are you looking for completely free dictation as in you can say anything you want and it gets reliably recognized or are you looking for something to dictate pieces of text that have a recurring structure and vocabulary?

If you need completely free dictation no script in itself will help you. The problem there is to have a reliable speech recognition system, which the one built into Windows simply isn't. There you would have to go with Dragon Naturally Speaking or find a web-based speech recognition (most based on Google Speech Recognition) that works for you in terms of quality and privacy. You can enhance those with scripts if you need but that's a secondary point.

If structure and vocabulary are limted you can define speech commands with the necessary options which also works quite reliably with the Windows speech regognition. Plenty of scripts for that can be found on this forum.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”