groupactivate ahk_group for Firefox windows should summon a black window

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
llinfeng

groupactivate ahk_group for Firefox windows should summon a black window

24 Feb 2021, 11:30

I use AHK to minimize and restore multiple Firefox windows. The restoring part is done by first creating a FireFox group (with groupadd) and calling groupactivate to loop through the multiple Firefox windows in the group.

Starting from a recent Windows update, I find the Firefox windows I activate may turn to be completely black. Resizing the window helps to redraw the window. (Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.804). This blackout only occurs from time to time, likely every other hour or so.

I use AHK in combination with DisplayFusion, and the "resize" operation that revives a black window is conducted through DisplayFusion.

Do you have a similar issue? This is marginally annoying and I will update here if another Windows update should get things back to normal.
Rohwedder

Re: groupactivate ahk_group for Firefox windows should summon a black window

24 Feb 2021, 12:09

Hallo,
I have been doing the same thing for a few years and my current Windows is the same.
Multiple Firefox windows (I hate tabs!) are the norm for me.
Blue windows happen, there are no suitable drivers for my old graphics card.
(New graphics cards can't drive my huge tube monitors.)
But black windows? Never ever!
The culprit must be DisplayFusion.
(Besides, nobody who has Autohotkey needs something like DisplayFusion.)
llinfeng

24 Feb 2021, 14:10

Totally agree with your comment on DisplayFusion. Though, I find their monitor-profile tool helpful. It is a good idea to take it out of the way. I'll try over the weekend.
llinfeng

25 Feb 2021, 08:45

I am inclined to believe it is now a buggy Windows problem: the OneNote UWP app is turning completely white, and resizing it with an AHK WinMove function won't restore it. Closing and reopening helped.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”