Can I Send Lots Of Text In An Easier Fashion Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Mulsiphix

Can I Send Lots Of Text In An Easier Fashion

Post by Mulsiphix » 12 Apr 2019, 06:15

I have several messages, many which are 10,000+ characters of text. The messages are updated 2-4 times each week. I'd like to make a script that can send each message via a different hotkey. And I can figure that much out. The trouble is that my text has numerous newlines in it and the Send command only appears to send one line of text at a time. So writing a script for a 40 line message is very time consuming.

Code: Select all

Send {Text}message_part_01_of_40
Send {Text}message_part_02_of_40
Send {Text}message_part_03_of_40
Question #1
Is there an easier way to send large volumes of text that contains many newlines in it?

Question #2
Is it possible to have the script paste an entire messages from a text file, where it observed newlines? Can AHK do that with basic AHK scripting? Or is that fancy/advanced level stuff?

swagfag

Re: Can I Send Lots Of Text In An Easier Fashion

Post by swagfag » 12 Apr 2019, 06:24

1# yes copy paste them
2# fileread command

clipboard := ""
fileread clipboard, msg.txt
clipwait 1
send ^v

Mulsiphix

Post by Mulsiphix » 12 Apr 2019, 06:58

Holy cow!! That code is so simple and easy. Thank you so very much :lol:. This works beautifully in notepad. But in the online platform where I wish to paste these text blocks, the new lines are not recognized. Instead the messages come out with all newlines removed. Example:
Hello Jim,

Nice seeing you recently. Hope we can do it again soon.

Best Regards,
Marty

Instead is pasted like this...
Hello Jim,Nice seeing you recently. Hope we can do it again soon.Best Regards,Marty

Obviously this is an issue with the platform. Is there a way that I could get the script to press Enter on the keyboard each time a new line occurs? That is, could this be accomplished without manually preparing each message line-by-line, as I showcased in my first post?

burque505

Post by burque505 » 12 Apr 2019, 07:22

@Mulsiphix, maybe you can try this code.

out := ""
loop, read, msg.txt
	out .= (A_LoopReadline . "`r`n")
clipboard := out
clipwait 1
send ^v
If it doesn't work, try replacing

loop, read, msg.txt
	out .= (A_LoopReadline . "`r`n")
with

loop, read, msg.txt
	out .= (A_LoopReadline . "`r")
or

loop, read, msg.txt
	out .= (A_LoopReadline . "`n")
Regards,
burque505

Mulsiphix

Post by Mulsiphix » 12 Apr 2019, 08:50

Thank you for your time and assistance burque505. Unfortunately, all three versions of the code you suggested provide the same result. I think the only thing that will work in this particular case, because my text is being sent into a chat box, is for new lines to be handled with "Send, [Enter]". Is it possible to use that though, using this clipboard method?

burque505

Re: Can I Send Lots Of Text In An Easier Fashion  Topic is solved

Post by burque505 » 12 Apr 2019, 10:05

Shooting in the dark here, but . . . if it's going in to the chat box as HTML, maybe . . .

out := ""
loop, read, msg.txt
	out .= (A_LoopReadline . "<br>")
clipboard := out
clipwait 1
send ^v
return
EDIT: Well, I tried it here and it didn't work :( However, the first version DID work on that page . . .

Mulsiphix

Post by Mulsiphix » 12 Apr 2019, 11:02

Sadly it doesn't accept HTML. Just comes out as <br>. The website is https://online-go.com/. I coach new players and their chat box is the worst. It is tiny and you can't resize it. But getting people to read an off site article is harder for some reason. They'll read a bunch of text in a cramped little box but won't leave the site to view a resource :wtf:.

That's okay. I figured it was worth asking about but I can just divide the text into single Send, {TEXT} lines. For the clipboard route I think the approach would have to be more involved. The text would have to be processed by the script. Dividing it up into different variables based on the occurrence of new lines. The script would have to paste a variable, send it with Send, paste the next variable, send again, etc.... when ^v is pressed.

I'll get there one day. My kung-fu isn't strong, but my desire to learn it is :superhappy:. Thank you so much for your help. I got a lot farther than I ever have before and I learned a couple of new things. Today is a win in my book :mrgreen: .

burque505

Post by burque505 » 12 Apr 2019, 11:10

Very interesting site, by the way!

list

Post by list » 13 Apr 2019, 07:00

Perhaps lintalist might be useful? See https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3378
( there is a file plugin which can read texts from files) - in general it pastes the entire text but you can set the linefeed per application - here your browser if need be - http://lintalist.github.io/#Configuration-Linefeed )

Mulsiphix

Post by Mulsiphix » 13 Apr 2019, 12:16

list wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 07:00
Perhaps lintalist might be useful? See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3378
( there is a file plugin which can read texts from files) - in general it pastes the entire text but you can set the linefeed per application - here your browser if need be - http://lintalist.github.io/#Configuration-Linefeed )
:superhappy: I am so happy right now. I use AHK to work with text all of the time. This tool is going to save me so much time! You don't even know :dance:. Thank you so much!!!! for telling me about this :lol:
burque505 wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 11:10
Very interesting site, by the way!
It is, isn't it? I've been playing there for about 4 months and have started teaching beginners how to play better. Most of that is done through the very inadequate chat box. I've decided to get my act together and standardize some responses so I can help more people in a quicker fashion. I was preparing the responses in AHK until Lintalist was mentioned. I think this will work perfectly. Thank you so much for your help along the way :wave:

Zubarm

Post by Zubarm » 11 May 2022, 01:11

Hi

I am having the same problem. I have a Long text I need to paste in everytime into a website/browser.

Did it worked for you?

Mulsiphix

Post by Mulsiphix » 11 May 2022, 07:43

My wife went into labor soon after I made my last reply in this post. I never went back to finish working this problem. I honestly couldn't tell you if the Lintalist approach works. Sorry Zubarm 😞

Zubarm

Post by Zubarm » 12 May 2022, 14:51

No worries😊

I am just trying to find a way. I need to test it because I have found another script that might work

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”