Disable script inside Windows Snipping Tool

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
submeg

Disable script inside Windows Snipping Tool

16 Jun 2022, 02:18

Hi all,

I've been using the Windows Snipping Tool that @Joe Glines created using Learning One's Screen Clipping script and malcev's OCR script.

However, I have another script that I run - Sticky Keys. In a nutshell: When I hold down particular keys (Win key, CTRL, SHIFT, LButton, etc), it puts a little splash image on the left hand edge of my leftmost monitor. I use this script to help me debug if my KeyStates are stuck so I can debug my AHK to maintain / fix my scripts.

In the Windows Snipping tool, I am using the Win key + drag to take screenshots, so if I need to copy the section of the screen that contains the splash box, it is incorporated into my snip. I have opened up the Snipping tool code to see if I can disable my script prior to beginning the snip, and then turning it back on once I have finished. I do see the script turn off and then back on, but it's after I have already begun to drag my mouse, so the splash text will still be snipped.

Please see below my edits, if anyone can help me work out how to turn off the script prior to me dragging / immediately after I start dragging, that would be great!

Code: Select all

ScreenHK:

;-------------------------------------------------------------

;submeg edit 16/06/2022
;turn off sticky keys

WinClose, Lib\StuckKeyStates.ahk ahk_class AutoHotkey

SCW_ScreenClip2Win(clip:=1,email:=0,OCR:=0)

;submeg edit 16/06/2022
;Once the snip is finished, turn it back on.

run, %ParentPath%\AutoHotkeyU64.exe %StuckKeyStatesFullPath%			;A script that tells you when your modifiers are stuck.

return

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”