Activate the Directory Opus under the mouse cursor

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
JnLlnd

Activate the Directory Opus under the mouse cursor

24 Oct 2022, 17:19

When running Directory Opus (Dopus) with in "Dual Vertical Folder" mode, I'm trying to activate the folder under the mouse cursor.

I have this code to enable the DOpus lister window:

Code: Select all

#requires AutoHotkey v1.1
#SingleInstance,Force
#NoEnv

MouseGetPos, , , strWinID
WinActivate, ahk_id %strWinID% ; strWinID contains the ID of the window under the mouse cursor
This activates the DOpus window but, as expected, this do not change the active folder. If the left folder was active, it remains active even if the mouse was under the right folder.

Actually, the only way to activate the right folder is to use the Click command at the current mouse position. Doing this activate the folder but it has the side effect of deselecting the selected files which interferes with the workflow.

Any idea how the folder under the cursor could be activated without using Click? Maybe using DOpusRt?

Thanks.

Note: I was not sure if I should ask this question on AHK forum or DOpus forum. I decided to ask on both.
:thumbup: Author of freeware Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
:P Now working on Quick Clipboard Editor
:ugeek: The Automator's Courses on AutoHotkey
mikeyww

Re: Activate the Directory Opus under the mouse cursor

24 Oct 2022, 18:25

It seems to me that the other forum is the right one, because I think that the answer will depend on how the program works.
JnLlnd

24 Oct 2022, 21:38

mikeyww wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 18:25
It seems to me that the other forum is the right one, because I think that the answer will depend on how the program works.
Probably. But they don't necessarily know how AHK can interact with windows. I hope to find a AHK forum user who knows DOpus or a DOpus forum user who knows AHK :-)
:thumbup: Author of freeware Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
mikeyww

25 Oct 2022, 05:14

Idea:
1. Copy selected paths to clipboard.
2. Click under the mouse.
3. Copy selected path to clipboard. You now have all of the information that you need.
4. Perform action as needed.
JnLlnd

25 Oct 2022, 08:57

Thanks for the input Mike. This could work. I did not consider this option before because the select files info is required only for a fraction of the app users and for only a specific task (I would say less than 1% of the use cases). At first, executing step 1 each time the menu is open seems overkill but I'll give it a try.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”