AHK not showing scripts / not working at all Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Dijanigo

AHK not showing scripts / not working at all

25 Feb 2023, 18:32

Hello and good evening everyone.

I installed AHK on my fresh win 10 and i can't get it to work anymore for some reason. My old scripts, which used to work before the new installation, don't do anything anymore.

Example: Before the new installation, my scripts would shop up when i double clicked them in the task bar. now it shows this text instead of the script:
Script lines most recently executed (oldest first). Press [F5] to refresh. The seconds elapsed between a line and the one after it is in parentheses to the right (if not 0). The bottommost line's elapsed time is the number of seconds since it executed.
I already opened the settings and set Autohotkeyu64 as executable, which runs as admin. still doesn't work :( can anyone point me into the right direction?
boiler

Re: AHK not showing scripts / not working at all

25 Feb 2023, 18:58

Dijanigo wrote: Before the new installation, my scripts would shop up when i double clicked them in the task bar. now it shows this text instead of the script:...
If you meant to type "show up", what do you mean by show up? What would show up? The window that appeared is what always would have happened when you double-click the icons in the system tray. You just probably didn't realize it. The fact that you can do that means they are running. Post one of your scripts that has an icon but doesn't do what you expect it to do.
Dijanigo

25 Feb 2023, 19:27

[Mod edit: Topic moved to v1 help.]
boiler wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 18:58
Dijanigo wrote: Before the new installation, my scripts would shop up when i double clicked them in the task bar. now it shows this text instead of the script:...
If you meant to type "show up", what do you mean by show up? What would show up? The window that appeared is what always would have happened when you double-click the icons in the system tray. You just probably didn't realize it. The fact that you can do that means they are running. Post one of your scripts that has an icon but doesn't do what you expect it to do.
Thanks for the reply!

Nah, i can confirm that double clicking them before did indeed show the script instead of that sentence. This is one of the scripts that worked before:

Code: Select all

$a::
 {

if (GetKeyState("a","p"))
    {
      sendinput, {a down}
          sleep, 30
          sendinput, {a up}
          sleep, 30
          sendinput, {a down}
    while(GetKeyState("a","p")){
    }
        sendinput,{a up}
    }

}

Return

$d::
 {

if (GetKeyState("d","p"))
    {
      sendinput, {d down}
          sleep, 30
          sendinput, {d up}
          sleep, 30
          sendinput, {d down}
    while(GetKeyState("d","p")){
    }
        sendinput,{d up}
    }

}

Return

~F1::Suspend, Toggle

But like i said, it has nothing to do with the scripts but rather how the script is executed. I'm very certain there must be a better way to run it as admin

[Mod edit: Changed quote tags to [code][/code] tags. Please use them yourself when posting code.]
boiler

25 Feb 2023, 19:34

Dijanigo wrote: Nah, i can confirm that double clicking them before did indeed show the script instead of that sentence.
Well, there’s no reason to expect that it should do that after re-installing it. What it does now is what it’s supposed to do.
Dijanigo

25 Feb 2023, 19:43

you're right, i was just trying to provide as much info as possible. simply put: all my macros stopped working after reinstall and i don't know why
Dijanigo

Re: AHK not showing scripts / not working at all  Topic is solved

27 Feb 2023, 04:48

Just a quick update for people who are googling this in the future, i solved the issues by going back to ahk version 1.1 and using the Run *RunAs in my files
boiler

27 Feb 2023, 06:31

Dijanigo wrote: Just a quick update for people who are googling this in the future, i solved the issues by going back to ahk version 1.1 and using the Run *RunAs in my files
Why wouldn’t you keep it as v2 and use RunAs?

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”