What is the best way to insert data into box?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
johnhill

What is the best way to insert data into box?

27 Aug 2015, 08:17

Hi,

I am working with REW Tone Generator. I try to create a script to insert the data automatically so I dont have to enter manually every time. The date I need to insert is RMS Level dB FS and Frequency Hz. Currently I have tried using the {tab} and click on the box to enter the data but no data input is consistent. Said I want to enter 700 into the Frequency box. I dont always get 700. Sometimes I get 7, 0 or 70.

Is there any other way to insert data?

You can download the software for free from http://www.roomeqwizard.com/. To go to the tone generator, use ctrl + shirt + r.

Thanks.
noiseat10dB

Re: What is the best way to insert data into box?

27 Aug 2015, 09:44

That looks like an Java application so this might not work but it is always worth a shot. If you right click on a AutoHotkey tray icon you can start the Window Spy - move the mouse over the control you want to enter the data, the Window Spy should tell you (might not if it is java) the name of the control. If you see a name you can use ControlSend or ControlSetText which should be more reliable. Another method would be to paste the value in the control, use click to focus the control and the paste Send ^v - you can save and restore the clipboard contents as shown on the clipboard documentation page.

Alternative if it is really java: java access bridge - there are some posts on AutoHotkey . com http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/1 ... -and-java/
johnhill

27 Aug 2015, 23:58

Have downloaded the Java Access Bridge but not sure how to install it.
I tried all the .exe but only window pop up.
Did I do anything wrong?
noiseat20dB

28 Aug 2015, 05:03

You're best best is to ask in the various Java Bridge threads on AutoHotkey.com - usually the same poster who answers such questions so they might see it and help you further...

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”