Craigslist Semi-automated Posting URL Problem

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
PaulLeavitt

Craigslist Semi-automated Posting URL Problem

30 Sep 2015, 11:32

Hey all! I suppose this might actually be more of a CL question than an AHK question, but maybe there's another way to go about this that I'm not thinking of.
So, at my business we post to Craigslist a lot in a number of cities (we're int he long haul transportation business, so where a driver lives doesn't really matter).
There are a number of options on every add that I check/uncheck/fill in that are exactly the same, so I had created a script that would navigate directly to the posting page, and then fill in all the usual fields. The problem is in how I get to that page. When you post to Craigslist, normally you have to click 'post' then on the next page click on 'jobs' then on the next page select the type of job, and then you confirm that you will abide by their rules, and then you're finally on the posting page. I had copied the URL of that posting page to my AHK script, which seemed to work swimmingly for a few days, but it seems like they must expire after a time, because now none of my cities work. :eh: Any ideas how I could get around this problem?
I can post my code if it would be helpful.
Paul
Lucianoc

Re: Craigslist Semi-automated Posting URL Problem

03 Oct 2015, 03:38

have you manually browsed to that last page and compared to what you have on the script?

also, check firefox addon imacros,
Blackholyman

Re: Craigslist Semi-automated Posting URL Problem

03 Oct 2015, 12:34

Yes please post what you have

And if you can some examples of the last page URL

Also remember that you can fully automate the IE browser from Autohotkey so no need for browser plug-ins or addon's
Also check out:
Courses on AutoHotkey

My Autohotkey Blog
:dance:

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”