how to use winspy to get all displayed data from active app into array Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
joekingcool

how to use winspy to get all displayed data from active app into array

28 Feb 2024, 14:21

i have an app that i need to get all displayed data and parse into a text file. i might need ocr app to read the text. but wanting to see what ahk can do by its self, with just the title,process,class,unique idclassnn etc.

example would be notepad. would give file,edit,format,view,help and maybe the test in document.
Chunjee

Re: how to use winspy to get all displayed data from active app into array

28 Feb 2024, 16:40

OCR would be a bad idea for this

I would experiment with winspy and see what you can gather from your app/notepad

joekingcool

Re: how to use winspy to get all displayed data from active app into array  Topic is solved

28 Feb 2024, 19:10

thanks , but it didnt have any text that i could use from windowsspy.

im thinking if it dont show up in windowsspy then ahk wont be able to get the text displayed on a active app...

so ive already moved to a plan B and used a different app that i dont need the info on it..

should i delete this post? or click as solved, so others dont waste time on it?
joekingcool

Re: how to use winspy to get all displayed data from active app into array

29 Feb 2024, 01:59

i was creating a way to automatically send me the id and password of a remote desktop app. to make things easier for remoting to my moms pc. sees overly cautious and never wants to keep it installed and its always frustrating to get her to give the info.

so i was going get the info then send email/txt msg to me.

first im not sure how ahk would get text details from the app, but im sure there is someway cause they created windowsspy. but then the app is designed very well at not allowing copy paste unless selecting exact fields.

so then i found an ocr app but needed the coords. was going to make it launch the app the read the display of the app, then extract text needed and send me txt with info. but then found out the ocr had trouble reading the password even though it was revealed.

so then i found another remote desktop app. and glad i did because it based out of the US so i feel a little better. and no more hassle from the other company about saying im using it for commercial use.

id be interested to know what you come up with though. if anyone can do it, you can!

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”