HoverScroll and Microsoft Edge

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Aqualest

Re: HoverScroll and Microsoft Edge

04 May 2024, 11:49

gregster wrote:
04 May 2024, 11:25
I tried just now with now with v1.1.37.02 - and I added a hotkey at the end (see my post above), which will also make the script #persistent.
On Firefox and my editor, it worked.
I don't really know how to use functions of AutoHotKey. i tried to edit script file to add down::Hoverscroll() at last line like this. is this way right that you suggested?

Code: Select all

;f(t) = At + B
			A := (MaxLines - MinLines) / (MinInterval - Threshold)
			B := MaxLines - (A * MinInterval)
			Lines := Round(A * T + B)
		}
	}
	Return Lines
}
down::Hoverscroll() 	; use down arrown to hoverscroll
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
gregster

04 May 2024, 12:28

Aqualest wrote:
I don't really know how to use functions of AutoHotKey. i tried to edit script file to add down::Hoverscroll() at last line like this. is this way right that you suggested?

;f(t) = At + B
		}
	}
	Return Lines
}
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Yes. Then save and restart.
Aqualest

04 May 2024, 13:16

gregster wrote:
04 May 2024, 12:28
Aqualest wrote:

;f(t) = At + B
		}
	}
	Return Lines
}
Yes. Then save and restart.
After restart it's working without shutting down. But I can't detect the change in wheel motions like it used to work before. I don't know what's wrong with it. Is there a changes in wheel motion?
gregster

04 May 2024, 16:55

Aqualest wrote:
04 May 2024, 13:16
After restart it's working without shutting down. But I can't detect the change in wheel motions like it used to work before. I don't know what's wrong with it. Is there a changes in wheel motion?
For testing, I simply suggested a hotkey for the down arrow key on the keyboard. Since my crystal ball is still in the repair shop, I had no idea what hotkeys you used before. (There's a list of available hotkeys in the AHK docs: https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/v1/KeyList.htm)
That's a reason why I also linked to the original description/documentation on the archived forums - it actually provides some information. If you want to use the mouse wheel, you could start with this:
https://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/99405-hoverscroll-verticalhorizontal-scroll-without-focus-scrollwheel-acceleration/ wrote:The simplest way to use HoverScroll() is as follows:

;Scroll 1 line per notch.
;The first parameter tells the function how many lines to scroll per notch of the scroll wheel. A negative value reverses scroll direction.

WheelUp::HoverScroll(1) ;scroll up
WheelDown::HoverScroll(-1) ;scroll down
HoverScroll() accepts other parameters to fine-tune it's behaviour. All parameters are optional, and HoverScroll() assumes default values if any parameters are omitted. Please see HoverScroll.ahk for details.
[...]
There are some options to finetune what the script is doing. But again, we don't know what you are trying to achieve specifically - with which apps on which Windows version.
Since this is a programming forum, I would like to encourage you to look at the given information and try to adjust the script's behaviour yourself.
If you are not getting anywhere, feel free to ask. But please describe exactly what (eg which code) you have tried yourself and which results you would expect. Since this is a ~10 years old script, it might not work perfectly on newer Windows versions or apps. At least on Win11, the mouse wheel seems to have some hoverscroll abilities already, even without this script.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”