Unable to compile with AHK v1.1.23.01

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
guest3456

Re: Unable to compile with AHK v1.1.23.01

05 Jul 2016, 10:22

you've been told multiple times that you aren't using the correct compiler

the default compiling script is called "Ahk2exe" and this ships with the default AHK installation.

you are using a third party user-created script called "Compile_AHK". who knows what that does

just me

05 Jul 2016, 11:31

If you look at your attachment you'll notice:
  • Both the AHK script and the exe are stored/shall be stored in C:\Program Files\AutoHotkey\AHK_Scripts, which might be write protected on Win 10.
  • The script seems to use a bin file from C:\Users\GERRIT~1\AppData\Local\Temp\AutoHotkey\Compiler.
  • The script modifies (and maybe corrupts) the bin file trying to add/replace icons with ResHacker.
Did you try to put a copy of your script into a folder with full access and to use Compile option from the context menu?
Are you sure the exe is not running while you try to compile the script?

05 Jul 2016, 14:21

Now i really apologize for driving you guys crazy.
I always knew i was ugly, but now i found out i am stupid too :shock:

I saw that ahk.exe script every time, yet i was looking for the program with the green "H" and never could find it. :crazy:

I sent it to the desktop as a shortcut and yep, you guess the rest. IT WORKS !! :bravo:

Thank you once again for not giving up on one stupid oke. I really appreciate what you did for me.

Now i have hours and hours of real fun ahead of me trying to automate this laptop as i did with my desktop. :dance:

THANKS A MILLION :D :D :D :D :D :D

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”