get full paths of selected files on Desktop and Common File Dialogs

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
jeeswg

Re: get full paths of selected files on Desktop and Common File Dialogs

16 Dec 2018, 13:20

- Hello, I'm not sure what you meant by:
There were just those running everywhere as it should be.
- It's good to avoid using the clipboard where possible, because: the clipboard can be slow, it can be difficult to confirm when the copying/pasting has completed, it can require focusing a window (you can't use it in the background), you can have problems when 2 programs want to use the clipboard at the same time, you can have problems with saving and restoring the clipboard contents.
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA
hasantr

Re: get full paths of selected files on Desktop and Common File Dialogs

16 Dec 2018, 14:40

jeeswg wrote:
16 Dec 2018, 13:20
- Hello, I'm not sure what you meant by:
There were just those running everywhere as it should be.
- It's good to avoid using the clipboard where possible, because: the clipboard can be slow, it can be difficult to confirm when the copying/pasting has completed, it can require focusing a window (you can't use it in the background), you can have problems when 2 programs want to use the clipboard at the same time, you can have problems with saving and restoring the clipboard contents.
Thanks. This is working fine for now. I don't want to use the clipboard, but there seems to be no other solution.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”