StrSplit not splitting? Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
PepeLapiu

Re: StrSplit not splitting?

Post by PepeLapiu » 05 Feb 2022, 22:47

boiler wrote:
05 Feb 2022, 22:37
PepeLapiu wrote: Could you please just do something that counts the number of timestamps after the last "PepeBot says:" post?
Maybe later.

PepeLapiu wrote: And after that I will leave you alone on this subject and either learn RegEx or find someone I can pay to do it for me....maybe you?
Would you accept a Bitcoin payment to write this last request?
Yes, I wouldn't even require multiple Bitcoins. I'd settle for one Bitcoin.
Funny guy. A single Bitcoin is currently priced at $41,600 USD.
But if you are not familiar with Bitcoin, you can send and receive any smaller fraction of a Bitcoin. And you would need a Bitcoin wallet. I recommend Electrum for either Windoze or Android. It might also be supported on IPhone, not sure.
And here is an excellent documentary on Bitcoin.
https://youtu.be/yz8ymvqUMrU

Don't be left out of the revolution my friend. I'll send you your first $20 of Bitcoin if you want. Even if you don't want to write that code.
You have hearned it many time over already.

Once my script is finished I was actually going to offer you and a few other guys on here $100 of Bitcoin or any other altcoin you want as a big thank you for your help.

PepeLapiu

Post by PepeLapiu » 05 Feb 2022, 23:00

I'm 54 years old, and poor as Jobe. But I came up with an idea for a comfortable retirement. I think it's likely other people have come up with it too, but not that many. So long as it's not too widespread, it should be lucrative enough to retire on.
So have no fear, I will be very appreciative to you my friend.

boiler

Post by boiler » 05 Feb 2022, 23:05

PepeLapiu wrote: But if you are not familiar with Bitcoin, you can send and receive any smaller fraction of a Bitcoin. And you would need a Bitcoin wallet. I recommend Electrum for either Windoze or Android. It might also be supported on IPhone, not sure.

Don't be left out of the revolution my friend. I'll send you your first $20 of Bitcoin if you want. Even if you don't want to write that code.

Once my script is finished I was actually going to offer you and a few other guys on here $100 of Bitcoin or any other altcoin you want as a big thank you for your help.
Thank you. That is very generous of you, but I make it my policy to only get paid in integer numbers of Bitcoins or shares of Berkshire Hathaway. You probably will find someone willing to write your code for you for the price you are mentioning.

boiler

Post by boiler » 05 Feb 2022, 23:05

PepeLapiu wrote:
05 Feb 2022, 23:00
I came up with an idea for a comfortable retirement. I think it's likely other people have come up with it too, but not that many. So long as it's not too widespread, it should be lucrative enough to retire on.
That is good to hear. Good luck.

PepeLapiu

Post by PepeLapiu » 05 Feb 2022, 23:09

boiler wrote:
05 Feb 2022, 23:05
PepeLapiu wrote: But if you are not familiar with Bitcoin, you can send and receive any smaller fraction of a Bitcoin. And you would need a Bitcoin wallet. I recommend Electrum for either Windoze or Android. It might also be supported on IPhone, not sure.

Thank you. That is very generous of you, but I make it my policy to only get paid in integer numbers of Bitcoins or shares of Berkshire Hathaway. You probably will find someone willing to write your code for you for the price you are mentioning.
Really? Now you don't want to do it at all?
I also have Alperger. So I have a hard time with sarcasm and a hard time with interaction with others. Maybe I wrote something that rubbed you the wrong way. I do that a lot.

boiler

Post by boiler » 05 Feb 2022, 23:12

PepeLapiu wrote: Really? Now you don't want to do it at all?
I also have Alperger. So I have a hard time with sarcasm and a hard time with interaction with others. Maybe I wrote something that rubbed you the wrong way. I do that a lot.
No, I wasn't offended at all. I'm just not looking to pick up some work. I only said "yes" jokingly given my price. Sorry if that wasn't clear. But like I said, you can probably find someone.

PepeLapiu

Post by PepeLapiu » 06 Feb 2022, 13:12

boiler wrote:
05 Feb 2022, 23:12
PepeLapiu wrote: Really? Now you don't want to do it at all?
No, I wasn't offended at all. I'm just not looking to pick up some work. I only said "yes" jokingly given my price. Sorry if that wasn't clear. But like I said, you can probably find someone.
I think you are just trying to twist my arm into learning RegEx. Working with both RegEx and API are things I will likely have to look into in the future. But right now I have enough on my plate.

You have someone to suggest who might be willing to help for an acceptable fee?
I don't think I will need more than two or 3 more lines of RegEx code.

boiler

Re: StrSplit not splitting?  Topic is solved

Post by boiler » 06 Feb 2022, 13:21

If that's all it is, you can probably just keep posting in the forum and get answers without paying anyone. In my case, I answered one case, then you post another and another and another... And it turns out I'm just writing code for you. If you don't agree that's what's happening, how did this thread turn out to be five full pages and counting? That's not why I participate in the forum. I am interested in helping those that want to learn to code in AHK if I can. Sometimes that's by guiding them to write it, and other times it's writing a piece of code that works as-is as an example that the poster can learn from. But to keep writing new code for new case after new case is just me doing work for you. I'm not here to do free (or paid) coding work.

PepeLapiu

Post by PepeLapiu » 06 Feb 2022, 15:19

boiler wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 13:21
If that's all it is, you can probably just keep posting in the forum and get answers without paying anyone. In my case, I answered one case, then you post another and another and another... And it turns out I'm just writing code for you. If you don't agree that's what's happening, how did this thread turn out to be five full pages and counting? That's not why I participate in the forum. I am interested in helping those that want to learn to code in AHK if I can. Sometimes that's by guiding them to write it, and other times it's writing a piece of code that works as-is as an example that the poster can learn from. But to keep writing new code for new case after new case is just me doing work for you. I'm not here to do free (or paid) coding work.
Yes, I understand. And l agree that I've asked more of you than I expected to need.
The script is getting more and more complex than I ever imagined.
Anyways, thanx for you help so far.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”