Is it possible to increase the "Make everything bigger" setting in windows through AHK?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
YuvalAmir

Is it possible to increase the "Make everything bigger" setting in windows through AHK?

Post by YuvalAmir » 29 May 2021, 13:34

Just so you know btw, I am very new to AHK, and I pretty much only know the bare minimum I needed to make my last script work.

Here's my problem. I need to use a very old program, which has no functionality for increasing the size of any element in it:
image.png
image.png (71.01 KiB) Viewed 188 times
I am talking this small.

I've noticed that there is a setting in windows that increases the size of pretty much everything.
image.png
image.png (8.98 KiB) Viewed 188 times
It even works for this program.
image.png
image.png (149.84 KiB) Viewed 188 times
Is there a way to bind this to a hot key? Or even better, do something simular but only for a specific window/program?

WatsonEnterprises

Re: Is it possible to increase the "Make everything bigger" setting in windows through AHK?

Post by WatsonEnterprises » 29 May 2021, 14:14

If you search DPI scaling on the forum, you'll find some threads about it. This thread sets DPI scaling with a hotkey. https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?style=17&p=349429

"Make everything bigger" seems to be an Ease of Access feature though, so I'm not sure if it's the same thing as DPI scaling.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”