Script that ask for the loop count then perform the loop Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
soheill0098

Script that ask for the loop count then perform the loop

Post by soheill0098 » 09 Aug 2021, 17:45

I have this script that save the content of each open tab of Microsoft Edge browser in pdf,

Code: Select all

#SingleInstance,force
^!e::
loop,8
{
^!a::
sleep,300
send,^p
sleep,5000
click,155,746
sleep,5000
send,{Enter}
sleep,1000
send,^w
sleep,2000
}
Esc:: ExitApp
return
But I set loop count 8 for the script but sometimes there are less or more opened tabs that I want to save. So every time I should open the script and change the number 8 to the number I want and reload the script.

I wonder is it possible to add some lines of script to it so that every time I run the script it ask me for number of iterations (loop count) that I want the program perform the loop? (for example by showing a box and I type the loop number in the box.)

Jakson

Re: Script that ask for the loop count then perform the loop

Post by Jakson » 09 Aug 2021, 17:59

soheill0098 wrote:
09 Aug 2021, 17:45
But I set loop count 8 for the script but sometimes there are less or more opened tabs that I want to save. So every time I should open the script and change the number 8 to the number I want and reload the script.

I wonder is it possible to add some lines of script to it so that every time I run the script it ask me for number of iterations (loop count) that I want the program perform the loop? (for example by showing a box and I type the loop number in the box.)
I'm not sure why its not running all 8 times. In my experience, loops will execute until something melts or the loop finishes execution.

Try an input box. I had a very similar issue except I had to use an .ini file to pass the loop number variable between scripts.

Inputbox, [Your Var here], give me the number of times to loop.

[In the following section of code]

#SingleInstance,force
loop,%[Your Var Here]%
sleep,300
send,^p
sleep,5000
click,155,746
sleep,5000
send,{Enter}
sleep,1000
send,^w
sleep,2000
}
return

-Untested-

Input box sounds like your way forward. https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/InputBox.htm - AHK help document.

You can pull out the variable you write into the inputbox by enclosing the variable name you used previously in percent signs %%

%YourVar'sContents%
Remember that when you declare the variable in the inputbox command line you have to use the same variable name in your Loop counter, IE

Inputbox, MyVariable, Give me the # of Loops!

Loop,%MyVariable%

; looping...

If you don't want to be prompted to write a new value in each time I'd think the solution would be to simply write the integer, as the number of loops, in the loop command line...

Loop, 10
;code...
For example.

Good luck!

soheill0098

Post by soheill0098 » 09 Aug 2021, 18:04

Jakson wrote:
09 Aug 2021, 17:59
soheill0098 wrote:
09 Aug 2021, 17:45

I'm not sure why its not running all 8 times. In my experience, loops will execute until something melts or the loop finishes execution.

Try an input box. I had a very similar issue except I had to use an .ini file to pass the loop number variable between scripts.

Inputbox, [Your Var here], give me the number of times to loop.

[In the following section of code]

#SingleInstance,force
loop,%[Your Var Here]%
sleep,300
send,^p
sleep,5000
click,155,746
sleep,5000
send,{Enter}
sleep,1000
send,^w
sleep,2000
}
return

-Untested-

Input box sounds like your way forward. https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/InputBox.htm - AHK help document.

You can pull out the variable you write into the inputbox by enclosing the variable name you used previously in percent signs %%

%YourVar'sContents%
Remember that when you declare the variable in the inputbox command line you have to use the same variable name in your Loop counter, IE

Inputbox, MyVariable, Give me the # of Loops!

Loop,%MyVariable%

; looping...

If you don't want to be prompted to write a new value in each time I'd think the solution would be to simply write the integer, as the number of loops, in the loop command line...

Loop, 10
;code...
For example.

Good luck!

Thanks! Sorry my English is not very well maybe I couldn't represent what I meant. I meant by the script I wrote it always save 8 tabs and for example if there are 10 tabs open I have to edit the script and change the number of the loop.

soheill0098

Post by soheill0098 » 09 Aug 2021, 18:18

mikeyww wrote:
09 Aug 2021, 17:49
InputBox is a good choice for that.
Thank you very much for the help! I found a script here https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/39431-solved-input-box-to-enter-loop-quantity/with the InputBox that do what I want. :D

emrekarahan0001

Post by emrekarahan0001 » 11 Aug 2021, 05:47

try this ;)

Gui, +Lastfound +Toolwindow
Gui, Add, Edit, x5 y10 w20 h20 vEdit1,
Gui, Add, Button, x+5 y10 w65 h20 gSave, OK
Gui, Show, w100 h40,
Return

Save:
Guicontrolget, Edit1