Auto Correction conflict with Windows 11 Built-in Auto Correction

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
iamjaychongyenjye

Auto Correction conflict with Windows 11 Built-in Auto Correction

01 Aug 2022, 00:27

Dear all,

I had been using the mapping feature to achieve auto correction for my whole Windows (almost all applications) including correcting typos, shortform to full words, etc.

Anyway, I observed the since upgrade to Windows 11, some correction malfunction especially on Windows's App (such as Mail, Calendar; and also Chrome URL bar).

Issue occur =
Correction = disappear (as double correction occur),
example - capitize first word such as country's name "Singapore" is not working on Windows's App that have it's own built-in correction, the same correction working like a charm at other application like Notepad.

Example codes was:

Code: Select all

::singapore::Singapore
::thnig::thing
So, my 2 main questions:
1) Anyone experienced the same?
2) Any advice on this issue?

Thank you in advanced for anyone to response to this thread and really BIG THANK YOU to autohotkey team for the amazing script so far! :bravo:
sooyke_

Re: Auto Correction conflict with Windows 11 Built-in Auto Correction

01 Aug 2022, 08:39

Yes , same problem in Mail but disabling autocorrect in Settings Time & Language / typing solved it . So you have the choice which autocorrect to keep .
mikeyww

01 Aug 2022, 08:55

Some programs will abort the autocomplete when you press Space, so Space+Backspace can be a workaround.
iamjaychongyenjye

01 Aug 2022, 09:21

Thank you so much for the suggestions.

(1) Turn off Windows 11 Auto Correction:
Screenshot:
https://image.jagole.com/images/2022/08/01/ApplicationFrameHost_8HPfwWWDz3.jpg

May I seek your advice whether this is correctly done?

(2) As per setting above, I still getting this annoying result :crazy:
https://image.jagole.com/images/2022/08/01/ApplicationFrameHost_NrmfSA6wXA.gif

*I'm new to this forum and I'm not sure how to post image (screenshot) and GIF (video recording) to show the issue
sooyke_

02 Aug 2022, 00:40

What happened?

The owner of this website (image.jagole.com) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/images/2022/08/01/ApplicationFrameHost_8HPfwWWDz3.jpg).

You can use the attachment tab to include a file but i am not sure if a recent user have this permission or has to wait a few days ....

btw you can google how to disable autocorrect for win11 that is how i done it :)
iamjaychongyenjye

02 Aug 2022, 02:06

Hi there!

Thanks again for your advice.

Maybe you're right that new user can't upload attachment. I hope the link I shared previously is clickable and viewable.
Anyway, I did googled how to disable autocorrect for Windows 11, and 99.999999% are about "Touch Keyboard", which I had done it, but no effect on my side yet. I will keep trying including registry method and see how it goes. :)
sooyke_ wrote:
02 Aug 2022, 00:40
What happened?

The owner of this website (image.jagole.com) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/images/2022/08/01/ApplicationFrameHost_8HPfwWWDz3.jpg).

You can use the attachment tab to include a file but i am not sure if a recent user have this permission or has to wait a few days ....

btw you can google how to disable autocorrect for win11 that is how i done it :)
sooyke_

02 Aug 2022, 03:08

The links you gave do not work it gives both that hotlinking is not allowed . The Setting for disabling the autocorrect also works for my wireless keyboard so just try it . I have no idea why they mention touch screen maybe it is more annoying ?

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”