picture rendering (gui, add, picture)

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
joefiesta

picture rendering (gui, add, picture)

14 Nov 2023, 14:31

what does AHK use to render photographs? A native windows function, or it's own facility?
lmstearn

Re: picture rendering (gui, add, picture)

16 Nov 2023, 22:48

Hi Joe,
There isn't really anything like a replacement for Irfanview or Paint.net, but there's still quite a choice.
Splashy employs common ways of presenting an image, other useful scripts include Imagecrop and Custom Gui Image Button, Imagen extends and improves AHK picture rendering muchly.
Many more out there for sure! :)
:arrow: itros "ylbbub eht tuO kaerB" a ni kcuts m'I pleH
joefiesta

Re: picture rendering (gui, add, picture)

17 Nov 2023, 10:05

thanks, but I know all about Irfanview. Irfanview is incredible and I have hundreds of ahk routines to help me use it. Photoshop outdoes Irfanview, but at a huge cost and photoshop is very slow to initiate, costly of cpu and storage. But, for advanced editting it is the king.

I am only writing this question because with Win7 on my recently retired desktop there were no rending issues with AHK and pictures. Now, there are. It may be that I had a different video card, though both are Nvidia. I, as always, suspect Windows to be the culprit, or something about it's picture rendering that was overlooked by AHK (presumably, I wish I knew) invoking a windows utility.

see my first question, which addresses the issue from a different piont of view. It has gotten no replies.
it is here: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=122876&p=545925#p545925

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”