0x80131700 error with Selinium on recent MMD pcs

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
fhu001

0x80131700 error with Selinium on recent MMD pcs

07 Dec 2023, 04:19

Hi everyone, with death of IE and COM obj feature, i now use Selenium to webscrap or webinteract (click button,..).
In our company (100 K ++ employees), all the PC are configured the same, no fancy local PC finetuning is tolerated or even made possible.
The only difference we do have i : most recent PC are MMD (Microsoft Managed Devices), some are not yet.
The very same script can work in 'non' MMD PCs and will fail with

Code: Select all

0x80131700 error for the MMD
pc.
Question now is, because there is a question for the forum :-) : has anyone else experimented that MMD pc are less subject to flexibility in term of automation using AHK + Selenium ?
(i would not be surprised MDD make things more compex as i experimented this with plain Excel VBA code when i had to define a "Trust location" to save the excel file, other wide the VBA module would simply disappear if not saved in the correct PC ocation.

Here, the line of code failing is : driver:= ComObjCreate("Selenium.WebDriver") ; i even tried driver:= ComObjCreate("Selenium.CHROMEDriver") but it failed to.

The error 0x80131700 occurs as if Selenium was not properly installed...which i dont believe is the case (as i said all 100,000 PCs are prepared by IT the very same way).
Any idea anyone about MMD limitations with Selenium ?
rgds, fhu001

[Mod action: Moved topic to the v1 section since ComObjCreate() is a v1 function. The main section is for v2.]
Xtra

Re: 0x80131700 error with Selinium on recent MMD pcs

07 Dec 2023, 11:52

Check if .NET 3.5 is installed.
It is required for SeleniumBasic.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”