Please update the Premiere Pro True Fullscreen to Premiere 24

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
AndyF

Please update the Premiere Pro True Fullscreen to Premiere 24

24 Mar 2024, 11:29

Hi, I tried to cope with this myself but my knowledge in coding is limited... Ruith now the Premiere Pro True Fullscreen script presented here https://vakago-tools.com/premiere-pro-true-fullscreen-tutorial/
is for Premiere Pro 2023. It works in 2024 version but only partly - only the windows header collapses. Can anyone update the code so it works in Premiere Pro 2024 as well? I tried using the WindowSpy tool but didn't understand where to find those “DroverLord – Window Class31” control name of the bar or panel" thing...
The original script is as follows:

Code: Select all

;Hotkey: Ctrl + Shift + F
^+F::

;Premiere Pro Top Bar
Control, Style, ^0x10000000 , DroverLord - Window Class30, ahk_class Premiere Pro
Control, Style, ^0x10000000 , DroverLord - Window Class29, ahk_class Premiere Pro

;Premiere Pro Bottom Bar
Control, Style, ^0x10000000 , DroverLord - Window Class31, ahk_class Premiere Pro
Control, Style, ^0x10000000 , DroverLord - Window Class32, ahk_class Premiere Pro

;Hide Title Bar 
WinSet, Style, ^0x800000, ahk_class Premiere Pro

;Refreshes the Window
WinSet, Redraw ,, ahk_class Premiere Pro
WinShow, ahk_class Premiere Pro
lmstearn

Re: Please update the Premiere Pro True Fullscreen to Premiere 24

25 Mar 2024, 22:51

Hi AndyF, welcome to AHK. :)
As Adobe isn't installed here, just a few pointers.
As there is no issue with the script with hiding the Title Bar of the app, the app class name is correct, we assume the makers of the app have changed the Toolbar properties.
Be sure to have the latest AHK installed, it's now possible to have both v1 and v2, and with that, the handy new AHK Dash makes running WindowSpy easy.
There's a nice little video on Window Spy which explains where the ahk_class name is retrieved, here, the class name of the toolbar control will be found in the third section when hovering over it. Then replace the appropriate occurrences of DroverLord - Window ClassNN with these new names.

HTH.
:arrow: itros "ylbbub eht tuO kaerB" a ni kcuts m'I pleH
AndyF

26 Mar 2024, 02:59

Hi, lmstearn, I tried installing v.2 but it does not read the code published here https://vakago-tools.com/premiere-pro-true-fullscreen-tutorial/ saying this script code is only for the v.1.1 And I don't have the skills to rewrite this code for version 2.
Isn't there someone who can just adapt this whole thing to Premiere Pro 2024? Adobe made the current Pr interface too bulky and this script is really a blessing especially for those who works with FullHD resolution monitors...
lmstearn

26 Mar 2024, 04:20

AndyF wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 02:59
Hi, lmstearn, I tried installing v.2 but it does not read the code published here https://vakago-tools.com/premiere-pro-true-fullscreen-tutorial/ saying this script code is only for the v.1.1 And I don't have the skills to rewrite this code for version 2.
Isn't there someone who can just adapt this whole thing to Premiere Pro 2024? Adobe made the current Pr interface too bulky and this script is really a blessing especially for those who works with FullHD resolution monitors...
Ah, okay, no, you don't have to run the script in V2, having V2 installed just makes things easier accessing AHK goodies in both V1 and V2. That is to say that with the latest V2 installed, you should be able to use WindowSpy from the AHK Dash on the Premiere Pro window to retrieve the names as described above.
Once the control names are retrieved, try them out in the V1 script, alternatively post them here where someone (probably me) can edit the script for you.
:arrow: itros "ylbbub eht tuO kaerB" a ni kcuts m'I pleH
AndyF

26 Mar 2024, 10:08

Thank you, mate! I nailed it with zero coding knowledge ))

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”