Hide "address bar" in notepad.exe "open/save..." Dialog box

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
bluejeans66

Hide "address bar" in notepad.exe "open/save..." Dialog box

08 Apr 2024, 02:34

Dear AHK Community,
I am wondering if someone in the community can help me modify a rather dated AHK script that I downloaded from
quite an old post which essentially hides the windows File explorer (explorer.exe) “address bar”. This script (attached)
works very well (tested in Win10, WK19) in it’s original form though I had to compile and use it using V1 of AHK as it
was obviously written for this version.
What I didn’t release though that many applications do not use “explorer.exe” as their “file open/save/save as” dialog box
and there lies my problem – my requirement is to hide the address bar in these dialog boxes for example “notepad.exe”.
As you are probably aware these dialog boxes (eg: for notepad.exe) look very similar to the explorer dialog box but
they are obviously are not calling explorer.exe but some other (comdlg32.dll or other?) for this function.
Taking notepad.exe as an example, what I am after at the very least is some direction on which areas of the script need
to be modified in order to render the “address bar” in it’s “open/save, save as” dialog box invisible.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Best Regards, Mano
Attachments
V1_Remove_Explorer_Bar.ahk
(1.89 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”