How to Set Up AutoHotkey to Convert Specific MIDI Messages into Keystrokes

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
drani

How to Set Up AutoHotkey to Convert Specific MIDI Messages into Keystrokes

16 Apr 2024, 16:36

Hi Everyone,

I'm exploring how to intercept MIDI messages and convert them into specific keystroke actions. Specifically, I want to set up a system where a particular MIDI message—like message note 24 from Channel 10—triggers a defined keystroke combination, regardless of the message's value.

The ideal outcome would be for this MIDI message to activate the keystroke combination Shift + A. I'm considering using AutoHotkey to achieve this, but I'm not entirely sure how to set it up correctly.

If anyone has experience with similar setups or could offer some guidance on how to configure AutoHotkey to link MIDI messages directly to keystroke actions, I would really appreciate your insights.

Thanks!
mikeyww

Re: How to Set Up AutoHotkey to Convert Specific MIDI Messages into Keystrokes

16 Apr 2024, 17:23

Welcome to this AutoHotkey forum!

I'm not directly helpful, but I wanted to write to say that I'm fairly certain that this has already been done, so you might find a forum search fruitful in locating your solution to this issue.

You are posting in the AHK v1 forum. If you are new to AHK, I recommend using its current version, which is v2, instead of this older deprecated version that is no longer developed.
ShatterCoder

Re: How to Set Up AutoHotkey to Convert Specific MIDI Messages into Keystrokes

16 Apr 2024, 17:28

like Mikey said this has been done. You may be happy to learn that this project here is almost exactly what you asked for:

https://github.com/RudyB24/AutoHotKey_Bome_MIDI_2_Key

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”