Different keyboard layout (cyrillic), erroneously triggering a shortcut, assigned to a symbol (´, acute accent) Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Oblomov228

Different keyboard layout (cyrillic), erroneously triggering a shortcut, assigned to a symbol (´, acute accent)

24 Apr 2024, 12:22

I've got a command assigned to acute accent (´::), but whenever I switch to a cyrillic keyboard layout (Russian) and press the letter 'х' (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kha_(Cyrillic)), it erroneously gets triggered! Is there any way I can prevent this madness?
mikeyww

Re: Different keyboard layout (cyrillic), erroneously triggering a shortcut, assigned to a symbol (´, acute accent)  Topic is solved

24 Apr 2024, 23:31

Hello,

You could use #If to set a context that includes or excludes one or more specific keyboards. Script are posted on the forum that will enable you to determine which keyboard is active.
Oblomov228

Re: Different keyboard layout (cyrillic), erroneously triggering a shortcut, assigned to a symbol (´, acute accent)

25 Apr 2024, 08:04

mikeyww wrote:
24 Apr 2024, 23:31
Hello,

You could use #If to set a context that includes or excludes one or more specific keyboards. Script are posted on the forum that will enable you to determine which keyboard is active.
Thank you Mike, this thread did the trick for me: viewtopic.php?t=85840

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”