Open/Close Virtual Touch Keyboard and Virtual Touchpad using shortcut

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
arrondark

Open/Close Virtual Touch Keyboard and Virtual Touchpad using shortcut

01 May 2024, 06:27

Hello I am pretty new in Ahk community but I have been using Ahk for writing low level scripts for couple of months(still a beginner):
I don't understand many things about Ahk.
Since I am unable to create a script this time on my own I am trying to get help from the Ahk community.

Problem: I am an OneNote user, which I use on 2in1 laptop(Lenovo flex 5 14ARE05). The problem which I mostly encounter is that while using OneNote on normal mode
image.png
image.png (235.42 KiB) Viewed 605 times
I got so many options which take up half space of my screen but only this way of using OneNote I am able to use Virtual Touch Keyboard, Touchpad icon which are located in notification area.
And if I use OneNote in fullscreen mode which I often use than I am unable to use Vitual Touch Keyboard, Touchpad or to do so I have to swipe up the bottom and then touch the icon in notification area and turn of windows start from the Virtual Touch Keyboard and Touchpad.
image.png
image.png (306.69 KiB) Viewed 605 times
What I am trying to create: I was trying to create an AutoHotkey script which on pressing numpad 8 shows(open) Virtual Touch Keyboard and pressing numpad 8 again close Virtual Touch Keyboard.
Similarly;
On pressing numpad 9 shows(open) Virtual Touchpad and pressing numpad 9 again close Virtual Touchpad
No matter what application I am using in fullscreen mode.
Also I am using wireless Numpad like these:https://p3-ofp.static.pub/fes/cms/2021/10/19/42mxcv6qjjyzc9bv4hxlhxe6bfnr44358979.png
Thank you for giving a platform to seek help and thanks for all those who see my message.
peter_ahk

Re: Open/Close Virtual Touch Keyboard and Virtual Touchpad using shortcut

01 May 2024, 14:25

i dont have all your anwsers but maybe a place to start with one way to do a toggle i know (there is others)

Code: Select all

YourHotkey::
	TimesPressed++
if  TimesPressed= 1
	{	
		; open virtual keyboard code here
		return
	}
else if TimesPressed= 2
	{	
		; close virtual keyboard code here
		TimesPressed= 0
		return
	}
arrondark

01 May 2024, 21:16

Thanks for replying. I already have done that much code writing but I am stuck on how to actually write a function which can open/close the Virtual Touch Keyboard and Virtual Touchpad.
peter_ahk

01 May 2024, 23:16

arrondark wrote:
01 May 2024, 21:16
Thanks for replying. I already have done that much code writing but I am stuck on how to actually write a function which can open/close the Virtual Touch Keyboard and Virtual Touchpad.
i dont know your program, if its a part of windows or some other exe having said that the run command could help you out i am guesing and process close could close something or if the program has a hotkey for that you could send that. if its an exe with a trayicon process close will leave a dead icon but there is a solution for that
arrondark

01 May 2024, 23:52

Both programs are the part of windows and can be found in windows location. The only catch one is in the form of executable and other one is somewhere in system root in dll form.
Virtual Touch Keyboard Location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink\TabTip.exe
Where as Virtual Touchpad Location: "%SystemRoot%\system32\LaunchWinApp.exe" "ms-virtualtouchpad:"
peter_ahk

02 May 2024, 03:39

this wil open tabtip but for some reason it only works once on my end coz when i close it with the x (exit) on tabtip it wont startup again i dont know what that is about. as to the other i dont know how to do that sorry

Code: Select all

run, TabTip

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”