Basic lvl 1 Help ?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Souledge625

Basic lvl 1 Help ?

06 May 2024, 14:40

All around the internet at minimum I believe there's mostly only guides for intermediate codes or complex codes.
sometimes the simplest codes are more efficient and intelligent.. and also much more useful for beginners.

As a beginner I threw this code on to try to create a counting program to..
then Display for my Twitch stream:\

For the attached image with code -
A. what do I do to resolve the error displayed.
B. how does the code need to be modified anyway to have it work properly With;
Literally nothing fancy -
literally the most basic, simple straightforward least number of characters to the solution.

Thank you so much!
- Samuel
Attachments
example.gif
example.gif (132.73 KiB) Viewed 436 times
Last edited by gregster on 06 May 2024, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic from AHK v2 help since this is v1 code.
mikeyww

Re: Basic lvl 1 Help ?

06 May 2024, 15:03

Welcome to this AutoHotkey forum!

I guess, in terms of the compiler, you would, in the Ahk2Exe GUI, select the default base file to be used and press "Save". I'm not sure, just guessing!

I think it is going to help to see whether the script works before you compile it. If you compile a script that does not work, you then have a compiled program that does not work.

Compiling scripts is not required. You can run the script just as it is. I would recommend doing that at least for a while, until you understand how the program works and you can decide how you would like to run your scripts. I typically do not compile anything without reason to do so.

If you are new to AHK, I recommend using its current version, which is v2, instead of this older deprecated version that is no longer developed.
Chunjee

Re: Basic lvl 1 Help ?

06 May 2024, 18:49

I would make the number bigger. I don't know much about twitch streams but a tiny tooltip seems way too small. Needs to be at least font size 30

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”