Pin window from taskbar to another window.

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
alvitawa

Pin window from taskbar to another window.

22 Jan 2014, 13:29

I have a internet explorer window, and i'd like to pin it to my script, so instead of this:
I get this:

How can I do this?
timeFlies

Re: Pin window from taskbar to another window.

22 Jan 2014, 19:21

@OP: Although unrelated to AutoHotkey, you can do this manually using 7TaskbarTweaker (select the "Drag within/between groups using right mouse button" checkbox).

Guest10 wrote:how about Firefox? :geek:
However good Firefox may be (and I've given it a good chance, believe me), I still find myself using Internet Explorer most of the time. I dislike Chrome, like Firefox, but still prefer Internet Explorer. Why? Because it always works and that's what I've always used. Installing ad-block in IE takes about ten seconds, and that's about the only necessary add-on. By and large all those fancy extensions I played around with on Firefox never ended up getting used all that much. I've also found Internet Explorer to be faster when I have a large number of tabs open (>20) on my machine. (Oh, and IE looks nicer.)

(Just curious, why do you append ":u geek:" to all of your posts? Unless that's a smiley (in which case I have them disabled), am I missing something?
alvitawa

Re: Pin window from taskbar to another window.

23 Jan 2014, 03:18

chaz wrote:@OP: Although unrelated to AutoHotkey, you can do this manually using 7TaskbarTweaker (select the "Drag within/between groups using right mouse button" checkbox).

Guest10 wrote:how about Firefox? :geek:
However good Firefox may be (and I've given it a good chance, believe me), I still find myself using Internet Explorer most of the time. I dislike Chrome, like Firefox, but still prefer Internet Explorer. Why? Because it always works and that's what I've always used. Installing ad-block in IE takes about ten seconds, and that's about the only necessary add-on. By and large all those fancy extensions I played around with on Firefox never ended up getting used all that much. I've also found Internet Explorer to be faster when I have a large number of tabs open (>20) on my machine. (Oh, and IE looks nicer.)

(Just curious, why do you append ":u geek:" to all of your posts? Unless that's a smiley (in which case I have them disabled), am I missing something?
I don't use internet explorer, but this script has to be ran on other computers and nearly everybody has iexplorer. I run the ie window from my script, if that matters. Also tryed to put a gui with ActiveX control, but links clicked in it get opened in a new iexplorer window.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”