how to slow down the hotstrinngs with a global command ?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
LGS666

how to slow down the hotstrinngs with a global command ?

23 May 2016, 08:47

Hi all

I am intensively using hotstrings for correcting mispelled words , replace abbreviations etc.

I would like to record my screen a few minutes and send that film to a few colleagues in order to show them how useful hotstrings are.

To make it more "visual", I would like the hotstrings to work in slow motion for that demo.

I tried "sendmode Event" and "SetKeyDelay 200" as global commands but this only works on Send command, apparently not on hotstrings.

Some post in the forum says that it could work by adding these commands to every hotstring but I have dozens of them, but I would like to avoid such a tedious work just for a demo.

Any clue on how to do that with a global command ?

Thanks !

Re: how to slow down the hotstrinngs with a global command ?

23 May 2016, 09:23

You might have SendMode, input[c/] at the top of your script and SetKeyDelay is not obeyed by SendInput so add or change SendMode to Event or Play and the SetKeyDelay should work.

https://autohotkey.com/docs/commands/SendMode.htm

You could also try to play the video at 0.5 speed (if the format / player allow it)
AlphaBravo

23 May 2016, 09:23

Code: Select all

SetKeyDelay 200
::abc::
str := "long string here"
loop, parse, str
	Send % A_LoopField
return
kwstas13

23 May 2016, 09:24

LGS666 wrote:Hi all

I am intensively using hotstrings for correcting mispelled words , replace abbreviations etc.

I would like to record my screen a few minutes and send that film to a few colleagues in order to show them how useful hotstrings are.

To make it more "visual", I would like the hotstrings to work in slow motion for that demo.

I tried "sendmode Event" and "SetKeyDelay 200" as global commands but this only works on Send command, apparently not on hotstrings.

Some post in the forum says that it could work by adding these commands to every hotstring but I have dozens of them, but I would like to avoid such a tedious work just for a demo.

Any clue on how to do that with a global command ?

Thanks !

Code: Select all

#Hotstring SE K80
LGS666

24 May 2016, 03:10

" #Hotstring SE K80 " seems to work perfectly.
It was apparently that simple...
Thanks !!!

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”