Sending Serial Data? Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
helpmeplease123

Sending Serial Data?  Topic is solved

11 Jul 2017, 00:37

Hi I am trying to send serial data to my Arduino which is using COM5 of on my computer.

What I am trying to do is while my Middle Mouse Button is clicked down it sends a '@' to the Arduino and when released it sends a '#'.

Then when my RButton is clicked down it sends a '^' and when it is released it sends a '!'.

I have been looking all over but can't find something that fits my needs.

Thanks for the help!
metacognition

Re: Sending Serial Data?

11 Jul 2017, 02:25

https://batchloaf.wordpress.com/serialsend/

this program is command line, so you can use it with autohotkey to send to serial port... should work for you...
BoBo

11 Jul 2017, 03:17

Just for the records - if using a third party tool isn't an option (eg restricted by a company policy) the second script within [this] ancient thread might be an option.
If one of our AHK pro- bro's would mind risking a review of it? Erm, smells like AHK Vanilla :shh:
metacognition

11 Jul 2017, 03:21

I recently went through the same delema this guy did and dug through all the old com port scripts, they just weren't friendly or useable.

I ended making my own command line tool in PureBasic which I call from Autohotkey with my send paramaters, alot like the app for which I posted a link to, which is also open source and has no licensing restrictions.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”