.NET Windows

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
JJohnston2

.NET Windows

14 Jul 2017, 02:37

I think SourceTree is written in .NET, the title/class/process info in Window Spy look like so:

SourceTree ahk_class HwndWrapper[SourceTree.exe;;75302d1d-4350-49ed-81e5-c98f7e7b3b2d] ahk_exe SourceTree.exe

No ClassNN values for any of the controls (mousing over things)

Nothing for Status Bar Text

Nothing for Visible Text

Nothing for All Text

The dialogs and windows of course aren't empty and the ID numbers change depending on which window is open.

Does anyone know of any way to get meaningful information from these ID's without resorting to reading pixels at particular points and/or using OCR?
jeeswg

Re: .NET Windows

14 Jul 2017, 08:28

See if you can get the text via AccViewer, and if you can, then try using the Acc library to retrieve the text:
Acc library (MSAA) and AccViewer download links - AutoHotkey Community
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26201
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA
JJohnston2

14 Jul 2017, 14:49

I have just been coming up to speed on using the AccViewer recently... I'll check that out and see if it finds anything.

I saw some of the other posts you had on executing the default action for Excel buttons... are there any other neat things you know of that can be done with it?
jeeswg

14 Jul 2017, 15:03

Acc is generally read-only, as shown here:
IAccessible interface (Windows)
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... s.85).aspx

However accDoDefaultAction that you mentioned, is useful, also accSelect and setting accValue may be useful.
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”