Most sophisticated scripts written in AutoHotkey?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Cinemaster

Most sophisticated scripts written in AutoHotkey?

21 Jul 2017, 15:49

I know AutoHotkey is really for scripting and controlling things hard to do easily with other languages, but it seems to have some pretty powerful features. I've browsed the Scripts and Functions forum, looking all through it and I've seen some cool stuff. But, I know I haven't seen everything.

So, I've been wondering. Have there been any full programs written in AutoHotkey? What are the most sophisticated/complex/powerful uses/scripts you've seen that utilize AutoHotkey? Are there powerful functions that are rarely used?

I'd like to take a look at these programs or scripts and learn from them. I'd also love to know why you mention them, i.e. what exactly makes them sophisticated/complex/powerful?
Last edited by Cinemaster on 21 Jul 2017, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
TheDewd

Re: Most sophisticated scripts written in AutoHotkey?

21 Jul 2017, 16:10

Rubbish - System Tray Recycle Bin
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=27002

Project 2D - Tile-Based Game Engine
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=7348

If you're looking for an actual programs -- not just scripts -- here's some I made!
Masonjar13

Re: Most sophisticated scripts written in AutoHotkey?

21 Jul 2017, 16:32

Depends on what you mean by complicated. I just did a major overhaul to my PIN class. Also wrapped a Bass.dll recording script from metacognition into a class.

The most complicated thing I've personally done was write an encryption wrapper for an AHK script, optionally uses server authentication. I unfortunately can't share that, though.

I do also have a multi-thread system to launch all my usual scripts on start-up, but all in one process space (keeps Task Manager nice and tidy). Although, I haven't gotten around to writing a front-end for it (currently requires editing the script, to set which scripts to run), so it's not 'complete.' I do plan to do so, though, and it will be posted here and probably on Github.

Encryption is definitely the most difficult and complex thing to create in code, especially so if you're using the native algorithms (no dll), from my perspective. At the least, most would agree it's one of the most time consuming things. It's relatively outdated, but I still actively use Deo's Crypt class for encrypting/decrypting. I've recently moved to using jNizM's AHK_CNG for hashing purposes.
My Personal Function Library | Old Build - New Build

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”